Sabine x Quiet! Reader

"Okay girls, what do we have planned for tonight?"

We all look toward Alya, who had just entered Marinette's room.

"Alya! I thought you had to babysit your little sisters."

Alya chuckles as she sets her bag down.

"Did you really think I would miss out on a sleepover with my best friends?"

Alya pulls all of us into a group hug, although it seemed like she was hesitant to pull me in. Alix speaks up.

"Seriously, Alya. You couldn't have just left your sisters by themselves. You said you were supposed to watch them tonight."

"I did, but my older sister, Nora, is visiting for a few weeks. I figured having her take my place would be a great time for her to spend time with her younger siblings. She happily agreed to watch Ella and Etta for me in exchange for spending time with her when I get home tomorrow."

As the others continue talking, I set up my sleeping area away from everyone else. A couple of blankets and a pillow. I'm good to go.

"Are you coming, (Y/N)?"

I look over at Marinette with a confused expression.

"We're going to go bake some pastries for tonight. Do you want to help?"

I quickly glance at the group standing near Marinette. Juleka is looking at the location of my belongings, taking note of how they are separated from everyone else's. Alix is just glaring at me, although she has that facial expression most of the time, but it feels like the glare is directed at me, and not just a resting face.

I force a smile.

"Yes."

My voice is barely above a whisper, but it is enough to make Marinette happy.

I follow the group downstairs into the bakery, where Sabine is counting cash at the front counter, and Tom is kneading dough. He turns toward us.

"Good afternoon, girls! Can I interest you in some pastries?"

"Actually, dad, we were planning on baking some stuff ourselves."

Tom's face lights up, joy radiating from his body.

"My little girl is growing up so fast! Teaching her friends how to bake! Soon, you'll be like your mom and I, running the store when you're older."

Marinette tenses up, but gives a nervous smile to her dad.

"Okay, everyone. Put on an apron, and tie your hair back if it applies to you."

Once we all do that, Marinette speaks again.

"What should we make for our sleepover?"

This is perfect. At home, my parents don't trust me to cook or bake anything at all. They think I'd burn the house down.

"Marinette, I think we shou-"

"We should make some pies! Strawberry and peach pies!"

I have to say, that was rude, even for Rose.

"How about some croissants?"

"Puff pastries?"

I'm not doing this. I take off my apron. Marinette notices.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing?"

I smile and look at Marinette.

"Don't worry about me. I'm just using the bathroom, and I'll be back shortly."