Lila x Reader Part 2

"Ugh! I just can't believe her!"

Lila throws her hands up as we walk out of the school.

Apparently, Marinette tried to spread some rumor about Lila always telling lies.

I know her name is Lila, but isn't that a bit rude, Marinette?

As Lila rants, I notice that we're gaining attention of the other students, who all seem to be enjoying the show of Lila being angry.

I notice an akuma flying right toward us, so I grab Lila's shoulders.

"Hey, remember when you told me the opinions of others don't matter when it comes to us? Just think of that right now. Who cares what others think about you? Just be you and let them worry about their own problems."

As I glance over Lila's shoulder, the akuma is still coming for her.

I kiss her on the lips, trying to do anything to get those negative emotions down. I don't want to see her akumatized.

Lila smiles and blushes as I pull away, but the akuma is still coming.

"I'm sorry, Lila."

I place her behind me just as the akuma was about to touch her. It enters the pin on my shirt that Lila gave me.

I hear a few gasps around me, but the most prominent one from Lila.

Even Hawkmoth is silent on the other end.

I notice everyone looking at me. Marinette, Adrien, Chloé... basically the whole fucking school is looking at me.

Eventually, the purple moth outline shows up.

"Safeguard, I am Hawkmoth. So many people have so many negative things to say about your partner. I am giving you the power to protect her from everyone else. In return, you must get me Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous."

I close my eyes as his words weigh on me.

I thought I could just send this akuma right back out, but I do want Lila safe. I don't want her to be affected by the things other people make up about her.

I clench my fists as I look around at everyone.

"Look at them! They're judging you right now. If only you had the power to make them stop..."

I can hear the smirk in his voice. He's really trying to get me to agree.

I turn toward Lila and stare into her eyes. Is this really worth it? We can work through everything without having to go batshit crazy on the city.

I smile as I link our hands.

"No deal, Hawkmoth."

I feel his rage come through before the akuma is forced out of me.

I breathe heavily as I slump over a bit. That was more exhausting than I thought it would be.

Lila tightens her grip on my hand as she kisses me. People start clapping, but I think that's more for me being able to get rid of an akuma by my own willpower.

"No one has ever done anything like that for me before. Thank you. Come on, I want to treat you to something nice."