Zoé x Shy! Reader

Ah, peace and quiet. The library truly is a place of-

"AYO! Let's get this party started!"

Damn it! I came to the library so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone. Now they're filing in like there's an event going on or something.

Where is the librarian? Shouldn't she be here to kick them out?

I just bury my head in my book as I hear more and more people enter.

"They're really loud, huh? I think I'll stay here so I can spend time with you~"

Double damn, I'd know that voice anywhere, and I keep my head in my book to hide my blush.

Zoé. My crush. The one who has me wrapped around her finger even though we aren't dating.

She knows I like her, but she seems to like seeing me shut down mentally whenever she does the smallest things.

"...hi Zoé."

Zoé giggles as she sits next to me.

"Now that's the (Y/N) I love to see!"

Yeah, just like that.

The word 'love' comes out of her mouth and I short circuit like a robot.

"Darn, it looks like (Y/N) isn't working anymore. Maybe a kiss will get her going again?"

My face becomes as red as Nathaniel's hair after Zoé says that. She even leans closer and wraps an arm around me for good measure.

I stiffen right as her lips would connect with my cheek, but the contact never comes.

Instead, I see Zoé admiring me while leaning on one arm.

"You really are pretty (Y/N), you know that?"

Ha...hahaHAAhA.

No, I don't know that, Zoé. I don't even feel that. Maybe it's just the usual self-deprecation showing itself, but I just don't know what people are talking about when they say that. I'm better off giving compliments instead of receiving them.

"I... I think you're p-prettier than me..."

Zoé smiles and leans forward.

"I think that's the most I've ever heard you speak before. Usually it's just one or two word answers with you."

Zoé stares directly into my eyes, almost as if she's trying to see what I'm thinking about.

Girl, I've trained myself to not let my emotions show that often. You're not getting anything out of me.

A few moments later, Zoé just smiles and sits back.

"Well then, keep talking. I want to hear your voice some more. It's angelic."