Adrien x Reader

I cough a few times and sigh as the pain slowly fades away. I look over at Adrien, who had grabbed my hand.

"I'm fine. Don't worry."

Adrien doesn't look convinced in the slightest. Well, there's good reason for that.

I'm currently in the hospital due to a terrible illness. I have no idea what caused it, but I've only been getting worse over time.

I squeeze his hand.

"Actually... I wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry I won't be here to spend the rest of my life with you. If I die, I just want you to know that I love you."

We're still in high school, but we've acknowledged our feelings for each other. We truly want to be together.

Adrien wipes a tear away as he scoots closer.

"Nothing will happen (Y/N). I promise you won't die."

-

"'Mwahahaha!' The villain laughed. 'I'm going to take your Miraculous!' Ladybug and Cat Noir spring into action..."

As I continue reading, I notice my 2 month old baby girl's eyes flutter. Adrien sits near me, watching quietly.

He leans over and boops her nose.

Our daughter has my hair and smile, but Adrien's eyes and nose.

"However, the villains never plan anything through, so Ladybug and Cat Noir save the day again! The end."

I kiss her on the forehead before handing her off to Adrien. He carries her upstairs toward the nursery.

I turn on the baby monitor as I enter the kitchen.

Adrien gently lays our daughter in the crib before kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight sweetheart."

Adrien walks out of the camera shot as I put chopped vegetables into a hot pan. I add in some chunks of meat as I stir.

I feel a presence behind me before Adrien wraps his arms around my waist. He rests his chin on my shoulder.

I chuckle as I quirk the corner of my mouth up.

"You know you're not supposed to interrupt me when I'm cooking."

I blush when Adrien nuzzles his head into my neck.

"Are Marinette and Luka still coming over for dinner?"

I nod and Adrien kisses my cheek before pulling away.

-

"Oh! Look at you! You're adorable!"

Marinette smothers my daughter in another hug with a flurry of kisses. I laugh as both of them giggle while having the biggest smiles on their faces.

I look over at Adrien to see him quietly staring at his wedding ring with a smile. I smile too, knowing the exact thoughts he's having.

He's happy knowing that I'm alive and well right now, happy that we were able to have a child together.

Five years ago, I almost didn't make it. After Adrien promised nothing would happen to me, I made a full recovery and have no long term effects from the illness.

I move closer to him, as Marinette is completely occupied with our daughter. I kiss him, which brings him out of his thoughts.

"Not that I'm complaining, but what was that for?"

I smile as I lock my fingers with his.

"Nothing. I just love you."