Vesperia! x Shy! Reader

Why does this always happen to me?

Whenever there is a villain, it's like I'm the best possible candidate to be kidnapped. Like, what the fuck is that?

Even if I have absolutely no relation to the villain or what caused them to be akumatized, they still come after me.

The only saving grace about this whole thing is that I get to see Vesperia often.

It may be foolish to have a crush on a superhero, but love is love. I can't fight it, so I might as well embrace it.

Oh yeah, back to current events. I'm currently locked in a cage that is slowly being lowered into a giant fucking lava pit.

I'll jump up and grab the top of the cage if I have to, but I'm not really looking forward to being burned alive.

I jolt up as my cage begins to sway a bit. I look around, only to see Vesperia fiddling with the lock.

"Vesperia, you're here!"

She smiles as she tries to force the lock off.

"I'll always be here to save you."

I know she has an obligation to protect the citizens of Paris, but that sentence made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

The lock falls into the lava as Vesperia breaks it off. She grabs me and jumps up to a nearby building.

Once Ladybug and Cat Noir see that I'm safe, they rush the villain.

"Let's get you out of here."

I nod as I bury my head in Vesperia's shoulder, feeling sleepy.

-

I start stirring awake when someone moves.

"Vesperia? You're still here?"

She just links her hands behind her head as she smiles at me.

I guess Ladybug and Cat Noir took care of the villain quickly after we left.

"You know, I don't blame them. I'd kidnap you too if I was a villain. Who wouldn't want someone as cute as you for a hostage?"

My face flares as Vesperia says that.

She can't mean that, right?

"Plus, you're shy. Who doesn't want a cute, shy girl as their partner? I know I certainly wouldn't mind~"

Vesperia please, my heart can't take it anymore.

I think she knows this too, because she's been inching closer to me ever since I woke up.

Vesperia cups my cheek, running a thumb over my blush.

"I also love how you get when you're around me. It's like there's a thousand thoughts running through your mind at once, and I can bet all of those are about me."

I swear my heart skips a beat when Vesperia pulls me in for a kiss.

Yeah, she's right. All my thoughts right now are about her, and about this kiss.

It's sweet like honey, but slightly stings when she pulls away.

I run a finger along my lip. Did she bite it?

Against my wishes, Vesperia rises to leave. She must know what I'm thinking because she gives me one last smile.

"Don't worry. We'll see each other again soon, just you won't know that it's me~"