Alix x Shy! Short! Insecure! Reader Part 2

For once in my life, I'm eagerly watching the news.

We sent an anonymous report about some shady shit going down in my old house.

It's not a lie. My mom did do some shady stuff, which is so ironic since she works with the authorities.

"Alix, it's on!"

Alix zooms into the room and jumps on the couch next to me. She hands me a drink as we start watching live footage of a police raid on my house.

The car is in the driveway, so they know she's home.

"Paris police! Open the door!"

After pounding on the door a few times, it's kicked down.

Another police officer tells the cameraman to stay back as they go into the house. Even from outside, I can tell things are really bad in there.

The dining table is smashed to pieces, the couch is torn up. It looks like a bear went wild in there.

After some shouting, my mom is finally dragged out of the house. She's kicking until a couple more officers step in to keep her from moving.

She screams at the camera as she's put in the car, then the camera pans back to the on-scene reporter.

Alix turns the TV off.

"So? How was it?"

I sigh as I turn toward her.

How was it? I just watched my mom get arrested.

Even though she did deserve it, it still hurts to watch.

"It felt... bittersweet. I did know she was eventually going to get caught sooner or later, but she's still my mom. I now officially have no parents to take care of me."

Alix smiles as she grabs my hands.

"That's not true. My dad even gave his word that he would look after you like one of his own. He really doesn't mind."

I lightly squeeze Alix's hands as I smile.

She's right. When we explained my situation, her father was so understanding, I couldn't believe there were parents that actively listen to their children like he did.

"I know. It just tears me apart inside that my only family that I knew is no longer a thing."

To save me from my sulking, Alix gives me a sweet kiss.

It's unexpected, but not unwanted.

"That's why I'm here. To give you a new family that will never leave you."