Villain! Lila x Hero! Reader Part 3

It's been a couple of weeks since I broke up with Lila.

As expected, she was akumatized right after, so I had to get away somehow to help Ladybug and Cat Noir fight her.

Ever since then, Lila has been doing anything to try and get me back.

She tried being nice at first, including being nice to others, but they just saw her attempts as deceitful.

Next, she tried to spread rumors about the people I currently hang out with. I knew she was already kind of beefing with Marinette, but I didn't think it would get this bad.

Right now, I'm just trying to nap. Today tired me out.

Tap tap.

I furrow my brow as I look over at the window. Nothing there.

Tap tap.

I stomp over to the window.

"I've told you several times before, we're-!"

Ladybug?

I hastily apologize and let her in.

"(Y/N), you need to go talk to Lila. What she's doing is getting out of hand."

I glance around the room as she says that. Yeah, I know she's right.

I understand being akumatized after a breakup, but Lila's constantly been akumatized since that day. It's like she won't give up on me no matter what.

"I understand, Ladybug, but how do I know she just won't try to manipulate me back into a relationship? I do have feelings for her, but her lies outweigh the truth."

Ladybug's eyes land on the necklace on my nightstand.

"Well, we can't be certain that she will or won't try. Even with her... unconventional methods of getting you back, I can tell she does have genuine feelings for you. Plus, it's stressing all of us out with the amount of villains we've been having to fight because of Lila."

I nod in understanding. I don't have to get back into a relationship, I just need to talk with her.

-

I clench my fists as I stand in front of Lila's door. Her mom let me in before she left, so now it's just the two of us alone.

I knock on the door lightly, waiting until I hear a soft 'come in'.

Lila's eyes widen as I close the door behind me. She recomposes herself as she approaches me.

"(Y/N)! I knew you couldn't stay away for long."

She hugs me and nuzzles her face into my shoulder.

I reluctantly hold her at arm's length.

"Lila, you need to stop this. I understand that breakups are hard, but our heroes have been worn out trying to keep you, as well as the rest of Paris safe."

Lila grimaces at the mention of our heroes. Yikes, I forgot she doesn't feel too kindly about Ladybug.

"But... but you still love me, right? You didn't just come to tell me to stop everything?"

Now I look away.

Of course I still love you, but it's hard to act on those feelings when your natural reaction to nearly everything is to lie.

I firmly grip her shoulders and look into her eyes.

"Lila, I still love you, but I need you to stop this. You've said it yourself: 'The opinions of others don't matter when it's just the two of us.' I know it takes work to stop this, but please, do it for me."

I gently kiss Lila on the lips. I can tell she's been wanting a kiss for a while.

Lila pulls me closer to her and wraps her arms around me tightly.

"I can try. For you."