Zoé x Akumatized! Reader Part 1

I'm enjoying my time with Zoé.

We currently have some free time before our last class of the day, so we're just sitting on a bench appreciating the nice weather.

I smile as I look at Zoé. I've liked her for a while now, and I think I'm almost ready to tell her how I feel.

Every time I try to do something, my confidence immediately disappears and I'm left there standing like an idiot.

Why is confessing so hard?

I know it's not just me having trouble with this either. We constantly try to push Marinette to confess to Adrien, but she either won't do it or something goes wrong with the plan.

I take a deep breath as Zoé and I are going to our last class. I pull her to the side.

"Is everything okay, (Y/N)?"

I force myself to not blush when Zoé places a hand on my arm.

I smile and nod, ready to give her a short speech.

"What are you doing with her?"

I flinch as I hear that voice. Oh no.

As much as I don't want to see who it is, Chloé steps in front of me when I won't look at her.

She scowls at me and swats Zoé's hand off of my arm.

"Don't try to corrupt my sister with your ways."

I narrow my eyes as Chloé tries to stand tall against me.

I'm glad there's no one else around. Well, Sabrina's here, but she always follows Chloé around so I don't count her.

"You heard me. She will never have the same feelings you do. She hates the type of person you are."

I physically take a step back from that.

No, that can't be true!

It's coming from Chloé, so there's no way it's true, right?

My hand is in my pocket clutching tightly to a heart shaped locket. I was going to give it to Zoé when I asked her out, but now I'm afraid to take it out of my pocket.

When I look at Zoé, I see nothing but fear and sadness.

Was Chloé right for once? Am I really just blowing Zoé's gestures out of proportion?

I feel my heart drop. It's like there's a completely empty hole in my chest.

Chloé smirks as I turn away, but I see Zoé reach out to me. I ignore her and remove the locket from my pocket.

What will I do with this now?

A second too late, I notice an akuma. It touches the locket before I can do anything.

The purple moth outline appears in front of me. I hear a gasp behind me.

"Heart Eater, I am Shadowmoth. You have been crushed emotionally, the world feels like it's falling around you, but I will give you the power to make people completely devoid of emotions. All you have to do is get me Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous. Do we have a deal?"

I close my eyes while Zoé grabs my shoulders and desperately shakes her head. I think I see tears threatening to fall.

 "We have a deal."