Chloé x Singer! Dancer! Reader

I take a few deep breaths as I approach Le Grand Paris. The doorman stops me and looks down on me with contempt.

"Uh... I'm (Y/N) (L/N). Mayor Bourgeois is hosting an event for his daughter's birthday, and I'm the entertainment."

The doorman's face falls into a stoic expression and he opens the door. I thank him before entering. I shudder as the door closes behind me.

I guess it makes sense to have the most emotionless person working the door in order to keep unwanted people out.

I look around. There's top tier decorations everywhere. There's also so many people. Some of our classmates are here, but the majority is made up of complete strangers.

"(Y/N)! Over here."

Alya is waving me over. I look around at her group when I approach. Marinette, Alya, Nino, Alix...

Chloé really invited them? I'm only here because her father's associates contacted me. How they got my contact information? I have absolutely no idea.

I smile while raising an eyebrow. They all know what I'm thinking.

"I know. It's crazy we were even invited. We kept thinking it was a mistake on Chloé's part. The only thing we know for sure is that she's excited for your performance."

My performance? I can't think of a time when Chloé was around me while practicing. I'll admit that I've hummed a tune or two in the past, but I've never busted out in song and dance in front of her.

Alya nudges my shoulder.

"Who knows? Chloé may even be your secret admirer."

All of them let out a high pitched 'ooooh' at the same time.

When I think about it, it makes sense. I've been receiving anonymous gifts from time to time. At first, they were just high quality perfumes and clothing.

Recently, any time I've talked about wanting something to my friends, that same item is delivered to my doorstep the next day.

Chloé? Like me? Pssh, no way. Being with someone like me would just ruin her reputation among the elites.

"Excuse me, did you say your name was (Y/N) (L/N)?"

I turn to the new voice. A butler is looking at me expectantly. I nod and he smiles.

"Wonderful! Follow me, please."

I give one last smile to the group before following the butler. We walk through several identical hallways until we reach our destination.

Is this a ballroom? It looks like it. There are several tables set up near the walls to keep the center clear.

...Is that a life sized ice sculpture of Chloé? Huh. Surprisingly, it works well with the other decorations.

"This is where you will be performing with Chloé."

He says something else, but I tune that out.

Perform with Chloé? That's not what I was told at all. I was told I would only be singing for Chloé in front of everyone.

The butler sees my expression and sighs.

"My apologies, madam. Chloé tends to change things at the last second. From my knowledge, you will be singing first, then you will conclude the performance while dancing with Chloé."

I want to ask another question, but guests start filing in. The butler gives me a sympathetic look before grouping up with the other butlers.

Chloé sits in a literal throne at the end of the room. The lights dim, leaving me standing in a spotlight. Everyone becomes quiet as they stare.

My face heats up as I look around. My eyes land on Chloé, causing my heart rate to increase as I remember what Alya said.

Chloé might be my secret admirer. If she is, I cannot mess this up.

I clear my throat as a small orchestra begins to play softly. They didn't give me a microphone, so I really have to sing with all my heart. I just hope everyone, especially Chloé, likes my song.

"Listen to the heartbeat, listen to its call. When we are together, you will never fall. You just need to look to the light. For you, I'll always fight."

I take a few steps toward Chloé, walking in line with the beat.

"The power of an insect, small yet not unseen. Growing as a person, representing citrine. I'll follow you to the ends of the earth. We will create an era of rebirth."

A few lights come on, lighting a path for Chloé.

"Take my hand in your hand, I'll show you the way. Nothing can keep us apart, I will never stray. Just listen to the song of your heart. Deep down, you know where to start."

The orchestra plays louder as Chloé and I stand in the center of the room. I place a hand on her back as the tempo starts to pick up. Her hand is on my side. Our free hands interlock.

I smile as we transition into the quickstep. I know Chloé comes from money, but I didn't expect her to know how to do ballroom dances, especially the quickstep.

We're moving across the entire dance floor, spinning this way and that. The pitch starts to lower, and I take this signal to move us back toward the center.

I send Chloé out one last time, before twirling her back to me. I stomp one foot as the song ends, holding my free arm out to the side. Chloé mirrors my actions.

We're both out of breath as the audience erupts in cheers and claps. I turn toward Chloé, only to find her already looking at me.

I close the distance while dipping her back. For the moment it happens, I'm deafened by the sudden burst of cheers and whistles.

Soon, I pull back and drag a thumb across her cheek.

There's something I never told my friends. I know Chloé is my secret admirer.

While they know I receive anonymous gifts, what they don't know is that there is always a lip gloss kiss mark that comes with the gift.

Now, that lip gloss is on my lips, and I wouldn't have it any other way.