Alix x Socially Anxious! Tomboy! Reader Part 2

"Alix! (Y/N)! You're here!"

I wish I wasn't.

We were invited to a weekend sleepover at Marinette's place. Personally, I didn't want to go, I don't even know Marinette that well. I get she's just being nice, but still.

Alix was also initially going to decline the invitation, but when she learned I was also invited, she wanted to go. She knows I have social anxiety, but she thinks this will help since it's just a small gathering.

She said if I truly didn't want to go, she wouldn't go either, but I didn't want to keep her from going, so here we are. I suppose it can't be that bad. I just need to stay quiet most of the time and stay close to Alix.

Speaking of, since Alix is the shortest one here, I can't really hide behind her, so I just cross my arms and kind of shrink into myself. I give Marinette a smile for a couple seconds before looking around the room, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

Damn, should I have kept the smile up? Should I have just kept looking at Marinette, even if it's not eye contact? Should I say something? I feel like I'm being watched.

I glance around. Juleka and Rose are talking by themselves. Alya is doing something on her phone, probably posting on the Ladyblog. Mylène is also on her phone, probably talking to Ivan.

I set my bag next to Alix's and she places a hand on my shoulder.

"You don't have to talk to everyone if you don't want to. One step at a time. Everyone seems to be doing their own thing right now, so let's do the same."

I smile and nod, glancing around one last time. Everyone else truly is sticking to their own thing. Except Marinette, I think she went to get some snacks.

We sit down in our own little area. Alix removes her hat as she does so. I take my own hat and place it on her head.

"The hat is your signature look."

Alix smiles and adjusts my hat, before placing her own on my head. She adjusts it for me.

"I could say the same for you. Just add in a skateboard and a few scrapes and you're good."

At this moment, I realize we're being watched. I look over and see all four girls looking at us. Oh no. What judgemental comments are flowing through their minds right now? I knew it was a mistake to come here. I knew-

"Aww, how cute!"

I bury my face in my hands. How embarrassing!

Alix rubs my arm as I bring down my hands. Marinette comes back, carrying a tray of pastries. I may not like crowds, but I won't say no to free food. All of us sit in a circle with the tray in the middle. This is looking like a ritual now.

Marinette looks at me. Oh no.

"So, (Y/N), I hear you're quite the skateboarder."

I smile. Alix must have told her that, because I know I didn't. I nod and Alix gives me a look that says 'go with what you're comfortable with'. Well, since we're talking about something I'm fond of, I'll try.

"I am. You can always get better with skateboarding. Currently, I'm training to be able to successfully land the 900."

"Really?!"

Alix happily grabs my arm and shakes it a bit. I think she's solely a roller blader, but it wouldn't surprise me if she also had an interest in skateboarding.

I place my hand over hers and nod, not minding the attention from other people at the moment.

"I want to successfully land it on a regular half pipe. I feel like that's the most authentic it can get."

I finally look around at everyone. They're all happy. For me, for us, for whatever, they're just happy.

"I'll help you! You need to get the proper speed and height in order to perform it, so I'm sure we can find the right place, like an empty in ground pool we're given permission to use."

Alix seems so happy about this. I don't know if it's because of what I'm trying to achieve, or if it's just because of me in general, but it makes me happy.

"We'll be there to support you too. Maybe even Ladybug and Cat Noir will bethere to see it."

If Ladybug and Cat Noir were there, that would mean several other people would be there to see it. What if I mess up in front of all those people? What if I lose my balance and hurt myself with people recording?

Alix rubs my arm again. She knows it calms me down. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot like that. We will be there to support you, though. Just give us a call when you're ready."

I smile. These people truly want the best for me. They have no ill intentions whatsoever. I'm happy around these people. First, it was just Alix, but now it's a small group.

I turn toward Alix and cup her cheek. I pull her in for a kiss, ignoring the gasps and delighted squeals coming from around us. Pulling back, Alix is the one who is blushing.

"Thank you. I didn't think I would enjoy it here, but I do, no offense Marinette."

Marinette just waves a hand as she admires our relationship. I squeeze Alix's hands, enjoying her soft side.

Yes. I do want you to be there when I attempt the tricks. I want you to be there for any important moment in my life, good or bad, and I will do the same for you.