Alix x Skater! Reader

"You go, (Y/N)!"

I flash a smile to my friends as I pass them again.

I'm going to enter a skating competition soon, and I'm trying to make my times faster. I figured the best way would be to constantly do laps around the park and time myself.

I always wait until there is almost no one else at the park so I don't accidentally hurt someone.

I have actually gotten better times, but I'm still not as fast as I would like to be. Everyone else I talk to just tells me I'm already good.

That's not enough. I can't be good, I need to be better, I need to have the best possible times.

I stop in front of my friends. Marinette is holding a stopwatch while Alya is holding a pencil and notepad.

"Okay. You completed each lap with a few seconds cut off each time, except for those last few."

I raise an eyebrow as she hands me the notepad.

Alya's right.

I was making better times, but these last few are the exact same, including the milliseconds.

I shake my head and give Alya the notepad.

"(Y/N), you're already fast, and I do mean really fast. What more could you possibly need to accomplish?"

I turn to Marinette, ready to tell her exactly what I need to accomplish, but Alix stops me.

"I know what she's talking about, so I'll help."

I was confused when Alix showed up with her rollerblades, but now she's putting them on.

Alix rolls around me.

"I'll help you get faster times. Just try to keep up."

Alix winks as she takes a starting position.

Oh, I'll keep up alright. You can't tease me like that and expect me not to do something.

I prop myself on my skateboard as we wait for the signal.

Marinette throws her arm down, causing me and Alix to zoom forward. She's undeniably faster than me, but I'm still trying.

There's only so much speed a skateboard can gain on level ground. Alix at least can use her weight more effectively since she's not bound to a board.

I eventually get a fair distance behind Alix. There's no way I'm passing her, but I won't let her out of my sight.

"Just one more, you two!"

I give a quick nod to Marinette as we pass them.

Just one more lap, then I can see if Alix's training worked.

I try just a few more times to gain more speed. Alix doesn't look back for the entire lap.

"Time!"

Alix stops and turns toward the group with a smile. I'm still rolling and jump off my skateboard.

Alix does her best to catch me, but we fall to the ground.

"Yikes man, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

Alix just laughs and nods. The others gather around us.

"Well, I guess Alix's idea worked. Your times dropped significantly!"

I smile as the others start cheering for me. When I look back down at Alix, I finally notice how close we are.

I think she notices too. Her cheeks are flushed and if I wasn't blocking her from the others, they would point it out.

I lower my head and kiss Alix. She's still beneath me on the ground. My hair blocks our faces from view, but I'm sure anyone could tell what we're doing.

I slowly pull back before helping Alix up. The others are looking at us, all of them are smiling though.

"Thank you for helping, Alix. I'll make sure to pay you back for it."