Alix x Hispanic! Reader

"Is she new here?"

"I've never seen her around here before."

"Have you heard her speak? Her accent is thick."

Yes, meet me, the new student.

My family moved to Paris from across the Atlantic Ocean. Why did we move so far? I have no fucking clue. I guess it's because there are better living conditions here than back in my home country.

The student whom I don't know the name of leaves me at the principal's office. I enter after knocking.

"Ah. (Y/N) (L/N)?"

I nod and take a seat across from him.

"I'm Mr. Damocles, the principal of this fine institution. We've received your student record earlier and have already placed you in certain classes due to your academic path. Would you like someone to escort you to your classes for the day?"

I shake my head and rise.

"Don't hesitate to ask questions if you need anything. Have a good day, (Y/N)."

"You too, señor."

I close the door behind me and look at my classes.

What.

I can't understand a damn thing on this paper. It's in Spanish, but why are all these numbers here?

As I am walking while looking at the paper, I almost bump into someone.

There is a pink haired girl sitting on the stairs in front of me. She didn't seem to notice the near collision.

"Hello."

I smile and show her my paper. She furrows her brow at the words.

"I can't speak Spanish, but these numbers represent the time blocks and the room numbers on your schedule. We have the next class together so I can show you. I'm Alix, by the way."

She smiles and looks at my schedule again.

"(Y/N)."

Alix looks up at me.

"Your accent is cool! Can you say some more stuff? Or roll your r's?"

As we walk to the classroom, I do what she says. Normally people can't understand what I'm saying half the time because of my accent, but Alix seems to like it.

The teacher looks over at us as we enter. She smiles sweetly and I can immediately tell that she's the teacher everyone likes.

"It seems we have a new student joining you all today. I'm Ms. Bustier, but I already know who you are, (Y/N). I heard about your arrival from students speaking about 'a new girl with an accent'. Sit anywhere you like."

I look around and see everyone's eyes on me.

Well, the only open seat is in the back, so I guess that's where I'm sitting.

I would have preferred to sit with Alix, but I'm not going to ask some girl I don't know to move for my own selfish reasons.

I look to the side as I hear someone next to me. Would you look at that? Alix takes the empty seat next to me.

In return, a big guy sits in Alix's old seat. He and the girl scoot closer to each other.

Ms. Bustier smiles.

"Now that we have our new seating preferences out of the way, let's get started."

-

You know, literature wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There are some great books out there, it's just a shame we're only analyzing them and not reading them.

"Hey, I never asked where you were from. I know several countries have Spanish as their official language."

I smile and shade my eyes as the sun blinds me.

"I'm from the Dominican Republic, which is the second half of the Hispaniola, which is shared with Haiti, the first half."

Alix nods and smiles, though I can tell she has absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

We both turn our heads as a car honks. My parents already bought a car here? Neat.

I quickly turn to Alix and hug her tight.

"Thanks for being the friend I needed today."

Before she can say anything back, I get in the car.