Kagami x Reader

"No, no! I'm just saying I wish I was your sword so you'd hold me all the time."

Kagami laughs, but I know she's so tired of the things I say. I have the mentality of a rock.

"That would be nice, but I don't think either of us would enjoy you being swung around like a ragdoll."

I lightly squeeze Kagami's hand. The mental image brought up makes me smile.

"I wouldn't mind as long as you're the one that wields me. I know you'd never let anything hurt me when you're around."

Kagami squeezes my hand before we setup our picnic. The cliché red and white checkered blanket, a bouquet of flowers, and a picnic basket. It's perfect.

We sit and open the picnic basket. Nothing too fancy. Just some sandwiches, small snacks, and some drinks.

I was so excited for this date. I may or may not have skipped breakfast because I was anticipating this day.

Kagami taps my shoulder before holding out a small sandwich cube. I gladly eat from her hands. I'll try not to bite~

Mmm. Tasty.

Kagami keeps looking at my lips. Does she want a kiss in the middle of lunch? Yes please.

I start to lean forward, only for Kagami to stop me with a hand on my chest. She wipes my lips with a napkin and smiles.

I start laughing, which makes Kagami laugh as well.

Damn, I was really about to kiss her with crumbs on my lips? How dare I?

-

After we finish eating, we walk along the lake.

It's an amazing view. The fish can be clearly seen, as well as some of the underwater plants.

I smile.

"I'm going to jump in."

Kagami immediately turns to me.

"(Y/N), no!"

I turn to Kagami while laughing.

"Oh, come on Kagami. I wasn't really going to j-woaoh!"

I actually lose my footing and fall into the water. I start spitting water out as I resurface.

Looking up at Kagami, I know she wants to be serious, I know she wants to tell me I shouldn't have joked in the first place. Instead, she starts laughing.

Well, if Kagami wants to stand there laughing while I'm soaked...

I smirk as I swim up to Kagami with my head slightly above the water like an alligator. I grab Kagami's ankle and pull her into the water.

She gasps as soon as the cold water touches her.

"(Y/N)!"

I do nothing but just smile innocently.

-

I dry my hair with a towel as I look down. I'm currently wearing Kagami's pajamas. She said it was because I had nothing to change into, but I'm sure she just wanted to see how I looked in her clothes.

I set the towel aside as Kagami crosses her arms with a stern expression.

"(Y/N), I get that you were trying to be lighthearted with the lake earlier, but you shouldn't have done that. You're going to get sick."

I smooth my hair down as I laugh.

"Kagami, trust me, I'm not going to get sick. I wasn't even in the water that long."

Just then, a certain feeling creeps up on me. I sneeze and glance up at Kagami. She just shakes her head as she walks over.

"Just so you know, if you get sick I'll be taking care of you all day."

Kagami kisses me before I can quip back. She drags me into bed and holds me close the entire night.

-

The next day, fuck me. Kagami was right and now I'm sick.

As soon as she saw me coughing after I used the bathroom, she made me get back in bed and hasn't let me get up ever since.

I look over and sit up as the door opens. Kagami walks in with a cup. She sets it down in front of me.

I narrow my eyes at Kagami, who just smiles.

"(Y/N), you need to take this medicine. It will speed up the process."

I look in the small cup. The medicine looks like blood, and I can tell Kagami sees that exact thought going through my head.

I hold the tray steady as Kagami shifts around. She leans forward and places a hand on my cheek.

Just as our lips are about to connect, she pours the medicine in my mouth. For whatever reason, I instinctively swallow instead of spitting out.

I feign betrayal, putting a hand on my chest while my eyes are wide.

"How could you?"

Kagami just laughs as she places the cup on her nightstand.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). You know I always do what is best for you, even if you dislike it."

She kisses me on the lips. As much as I love kissing Kagami, I don't want her to get sick.

I pull away.

"You'll get sick too if you keep doing that."

Kagami wraps her arms around me and pulls me close. I feel her smile against the back of my head.

"That's fine. It just means I get to spend more time with you."