Alya x Reader

"Boo!"

Alya jolts up in surprise. I laugh as I place a hand on the back of the bench she's sitting at with Marinette. Both of them turn around to face me. Marinette is smiling, while Alya is not.

"(Y/N)! You scared me half to death!"

Alya's frowning with her arms crossed, but I see a smile tug at the corner of her lips. I place my other hand on the back of the bench and lean forward.

"Oh, my sincerest apologies, Madam Alya. Perhaps I could make it up to you by taking you to a movie?"

Marinette tries to hide a smile, while Alya's eyes go wide. This time when she looks at me, she's smiling.

"Yeah. I would love to."

Alya immediately looks like she regrets saying the word 'love'. I don't blame her, though. From what I heard, Alya and Nino broke up. I'm not sure of the reasons behind it, but it's not my place to pry.

"Great! I'll pick you up at 7:00. The movie theater usually has a good selection around that time."

As I am walking away, I turn my head toward Marinette and put my hand up to my ear with my thumb and pinky out, mimicking a phone. She nods and begins speaking to Alya, most likely about the date.

-

"Let's see..."

I want to look nice for Alya. Not come in a fancy dress with a limo kind of nice, but also not dress like a bum. As I throw another shirt aside, my phone rings. Seeing who it is, I answer immediately.

"Marinette! I really need some help here."

Marinette laughs on the other end.

"I know. Alya actually just left my place, so I'm coming over to yours to help out."

I let out a sigh of relief.

"You're a lifesaver, Marinette. I'll see you when you get here."

"Yep! Bye!"

I hang up and continue looking through my closet. I only have unlimited pairs of black pants, so that choice is narrowed down easily. Shoes? I look down. I only have my one pair of tennis shoes, so that choice is also narrowed down.

The shirt... It's just a movie theater date, so it shouldn't be anything fancy, but it shouldn't be dirty either.

My head perks up when I hear a knock from the front door. I rush to the door and open it. I usher Marinette inside and to my room.

"First, can you help me find a shirt? I was just going to wear what I normally wear, but this is a date. It's a movie theater date, but it's still a date."

Marinette walks over to the closet, looks around for a few seconds, then pulls out a (F/C) t-shirt. She sets it on my bed.

"Don't wear a hoodie, wear a zip-up jacket. If it becomes cold, you can give Alya your jacket."

Ah yes, the classic move, along with pretending to stretch and putting your arm around them. Regardless, I smile.

"Thank you, Marinette. Now, let's talk about personal preferences. What movie genre does Alya like? Action? Horror? Romantic Comedy?"

I'm moving around so frantically with my words, someone without context would think I'm insane.

"(Y/N), trust me when I say Alya will enjoy watching anything with you. You're head over heels for her, and I wouldn't be helping you if I didn't think this was a good match."

I blink. I never thought of it that way.

"Okay! I think I'm ready now. Thank you for your help, Marinette. I just hope this goes well."