Alya x Tomboy! Reader

"I don't know, Marinette. Everything just seems like it could go wrong."

Marinette smiles as I sit in her office chair.

I would have thought she continued working in her parents' bakery, but she seems to be just as happy being a therapist.

She's not my therapist, but she does help me in her free time. Plus, this chair is comfy.

"Well, you and Alya have been dating for years, right?"

I nod.

"Yeah! But no matter how I think about it, I'm just so nervous she'll say yes. What if she's not ready? I don't want to pressure her into marriage before she's ready? Or what if she's been waiting this whole time and I've been slow?"

I want to keep going, but I know Marinette has something she wants to say.

"(Y/N), Alya has been my best friend for years. Trust me, you're doing just fine, but that doesn't mean I won't help you with this."

I jump up and get ready to thank Marinette profusely.

"You can thank me later when I come by to help. Now, you need to leave. I have a patient in five minutes."

-

I'm so nervous.

Alya and I are eating in a fancy restaurant tonight. I plan to propose as well, but I'm really not sure when to do so.

Marinette said to do it after the meal, since that's when Adrien proposed to her, but I don't think I can wait that long.

I pull out Alya's chair for her.

"Thank you, madam~"

She says that with a teasing tone, noting to how I'm wearing a suit while she wears a dress.

God, I'd give anything to have that dress on my bedroom floor.

The ring is in my pocket. Even in its box, it feels like it's burning a hole into my leg.

I just need to get it all out of my head. All this nervousness is in my head, even if it's justified to be this nervous. Is this how everyone feels when they propose to their partner?

I tug at my collar a bit when I start to get hot.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?"

I smile and nod while I wave Alya off.

Oh, I'm more than alright, I just can't show it right now.

I take a few deep breaths. This is just going to be eating away at me all night if I don't do it now. I'm sorry for not going exactly with your plan, Marinette.

I softly clear my throat as I drop to one knee in front of Alya. Her hands immediately cover her mouth as her eyes widen. I can see tears starting to form already.

"Alya, for as long as I've known you, you've been a joy to be around. I've never had one bad moment with you. If I came to you in a bad mood, you would always cheer me up, no matter how awful my situation was."

At this point, I am aware of all eyes on us, including the restaurant staff. Alya is completely focused on me, though.

"I've been through so much without you, whether good or bad. Now, I have confidently made the decision to spend the rest of my life with you. Alya, will you marry me?"

It's dead silent in the restaurant as we all wait for Alya's answer.

It's only a few seconds, but in my head, it seems like the silence drags on forever.

"Yes! I will marry you, (Y/N)!"

Everyone claps as I rise and pull Alya into a kiss. She's just as passionate about it as I am, never letting go.

I want to keep kissing her. I want to keep touching her, but we're in a restaurant, so unfortunately, I can't.

Fortunately, however, the restaurant waived our fee completely, so we get a free dinner.

In the background, I see Marinette wave at me.

So she pulled some strings huh? That sounds like Marinette, especially when one of the owners of the restaurant is Adrien.