Lila x Reader

I frown as I look around. Lila said she was coming back today, but I don't see her anywhere.

I take out my phone to look at my messages. Maybe she said something there?

"(Y/N)!"

I barely get to turn before someone tackles me to the ground in a hug. I immediately return the embrace upon seeing who it is.

"Lila! How was your trip in the Bahamas?"

Lila smiles and pulls out her phone to show me some pictures.

"It was incredible, just like the last time I went. Look! I got to swim with dolphins!"

I'm visibly awestruck by the amount of cool stuff Lila got to do. Damn, the only vacation I get is taking virtual reality tours in fancy penthouses.

Lila puts her phone away and clings to my arm.

"Enough about what I did. I want to know about what you did."

I smile and lead her inside. Our teachers didn't completely waive her assignments, just extended the due dates.

With each teacher, Lila expresses her sincerest apologies for missing class.

A few students passing by glare at her, but the teachers just seem happy to have her back in class.

"Let's go to your house, (Y/N). I still have sooo much unpacking to do, so it wouldn't be that comfortable for you."

I nod and lead the way. I wave up to Marinette and Alya as we pass the bakery, but they just give me a dirty look. Did I do something to upset them?

Lila squeezes my arm as we keep walking. I pat her hand. I'm lucky to have someone like Lila in my life.

My parents aren't home, but there's money on the kitchen counter to order something. I won't need that now.

As we get to my room, Lila immediately goes over to my shelves.

"You still have this?"

She smiles as she picks up a small fox figurine.

"Of course I do. You made it for me yourself. I remember you were so happy that day, but everyone else tried to shut you down for something you like."

I frown as I remember that incident.

Everyone was so rude to Lila for no reason. I just didn't get it, and I still don't. It's like everyone is after her, a lone fox cornered by wolves.

Lila places the fox figurine in my hand and closes it.

"But you were there to defend me from everyone else. My guardian angel, protecting me from the threats of others whenever you can. That's what I like about you."

Lila forcefully pulls me into a kiss by my collar. I increase my grip on the fox figurine as I place a hand on her shoulder.

She's so... intoxicating. I missed her so much, the things I would think of... they would put best selling authors to shame.

Lila cups my cheek. I lean into the touch.

"(Y/N), whenever we're together, the lies of others don't matter. Remember that."