Prince! Male! Marinette x Reader Part 2

Someone knocks on the door.

"Lady (Y/N), may we come in?"

"Please."

The castle maids quickly enter the room. The see the state that I'm in and rush over.

I'm wearing a wedding dress in the middle of a fancy room, but I'm crying so much.

"My lady, what's wrong?"

The first maid looks over the dress, thinking there is something wrong with the outfit. The second maid takes to fixing my hair and making it perfect again. The third maid helps the second maid with anything involving my face.

All of these preparations are making me worry even more.

"I just... don't think..."

The maids stop what they're doing.

My dress ruffles a bit at the bottom as the first maid moves.

"You don't think you're ready to do this? That the prince likes you?"

I slowly nod my head. That's exactly what I'm worried about.

I mean, the prince did visit me on a whim as Ladybeetle. How do I know he's not doing that with other women while I sleep?

The second maid starts massaging my shoulders to calm me down. The third maid steps back to judge the whole outfit.

"Lady (Y/N), Prince Marin truly loves you. I know it may seem like it since he's young and has many potential suitors out there, but once he picks someone, he's loyal until death do they part."

I close my eyes to keep any tears from falling. That was really sweet to hear.

I exhale slowly as I smile at them.

"Thank you. Now, could you please tell everyone else that I'm ready?"

The maids nod and rush off. They certainly looked happy.

-

I can't contain myself. I'm bouncing on my feet as I wait for the ceremony to start.

Soon, the orchestra begins playing a wedding tune I haven't heard before. That's my cue to walk in, so I do.

Everyone else is standing and watching me walk down the aisle. I keep a smile on even though all my emotions are swirling around inside me.

When Marin comes into view, I'm absolutely stunned.

He's wearing his fanciest suit and his hair is styled in some fancy way I've only seen at events involving royalty.

Marin bites his lip and blushes as he sees me. I'm fighting the urge to make the same expression.

As we stand across from each other, I can see that he has the same contained excitement that I do.

The King is here to officiate the marriage. I didn't think that was something he had the power to do, but I guess he does this for all royal weddings.

"We have gathered here today to recognize the union between my son, Prince Marin of the Ruby Throne, and (Y/N) (L/N) from the second land in the whirling winds."

Apparently, now it is up to us to continue the ceremony. I wish Marin would have told me more beforehand, but I'll try my best.

Marin gets down on one knee and grabs one of my hands with both of his. The way his eyes stare into mine tells me he's being genuine right now.

I know it's what's showing in my eyes as well.

"(Y/N), from the moment I saw you, I knew we would be wed some day. Through each quest and slain monster, I thought of you. I am loyal to you and only you. I only ask that you be my queen throughout my rule over the kingdom."

In response, I pull Marin up and kiss him.

This seems to get a few gasps from the audience, but then they start clapping a few moments later.

When I pull away, I glance at the current king and queen.

They look happy to be here, but I can tell through small details in their faces that they wished I proceeded with the formalities.

Oops. Sorry mother and father in law.

Both of them approach us as the applause dies down.

"Come! Let's all toast to the king and queen!"