Juleka x Reader

Every day I notice her. No one else seems to notice her except for a handful of people.

Juleka Couffaine.

She's the quietest person in the whole school, as well as the quietest person I know.

I don't mind. Some students are way too loud for no reason.

Cough cough Chloé cough cough.

"Hey Juleka."

She turns to me. I think she mumbles 'Hey (Y/N)', but I could be wrong.

Juleka brushes the hair out of her face, but still looks away with a small smile.

"If you don't have any plans, would you like to come over and watch a horror movie marathon?"

Juleka faces me fully. This is the biggest I've seen her smile.

Bingo. You can't tell me someone who dresses like Juleka isn't into horror.

"I'd love to."

She says that loud enough so I'm the only one that hears.

I smile and lightly clap my hands together.

"Perfect. Oh, I must also ask for you to bring the movies. You have better knowledge than I do with this genre. I'll take care of the snacks."

Juleka quickly nods, but composes herself once she thinks she's gathering attention.

She's not, but I just give her one last smile before leaving.

-

I look at my assortment of snacks. Sweet, salty, savory, I have it all.

Juleka enters my room with a bag. I hope my mom didn't freak out at her attire. I've seen some older people show disdain toward Juleka just because of how she dresses.

She sets the bag next to the snacks.

"Okay. Since you're the expert, I would like for you to pick the scariest movie in your opinion."

Juleka smiles and immediately retrieves a box from the bag. I squint at the title.

'Eyes'.

On the box, there are obviously several eyeballs on the cover. They're all looking at a silhouette in the center.

Well, if she thinks it's good, I'll watch it.

I let her set up the movie while I arrange the snacks.

We sit on the couch in front of the TV. Juleka watches intently as the movie starts.

If I have to be honest, I'm not one for horror movies. In fact, I hate them. I get scared so easily.

I just wanted to do this to get closer with Juleka.

Speaking of Juleka, I notice her posture on the other end of the couch.

She's so reserved like she's afraid of taking too much space. I turn toward her.

"Juleka? Do you see the amount of space between us? You can make yourself comfortable."

A blush quickly covers Juleka's face before she shifts slightly. Her arm is now on the armrest and she's no longer pressed against the side.

As I look back to the movie, something jumps out at the camera. I can't even tell what it was, but I know I still jump.

I calm down when I feel something warm next to me. I look up and my eyes widen. Juleka is mirroring my expression.

I really got so scared I moved across the couch in one jump. Both of our faces go red at the position. I would have expected Juleka to move by now, but it seems like she doesn't mind.

"...are you afraid?"

Girl, I really just jumped across the couch, and you're really asking me if I'm scared?

Regardless, I nod and Juleka slowly wraps her arms around me.

I'm resisting the urge to snuggle into her, but then another jump scare happens.

I bury my face into Juleka's shoulder. For the first time ever, I hear her laugh.

I slowly look up at her. Yeah. She's laughing.

"I'm sorry, but even Rose didn't get this scared."

I pout as Juleka keeps laughing. As she quiets down, I kiss her.

Now this is something that finally gets Juleka by surprise. Her arms tighten their hold around me as I change my position to get more comfortable.

Ah, nothing like kissing Juleka Couffaine while screams of bloody murder are filling the room.

Juleka is smiling at me when we separate.

"Scaredy cat."