Shades of Life

Chapter 07:

Mehta house is shown where Avni was standing and looking at Ashish infact everyone's eyes were on Ashish.

Ashish: sit.

Avni looks at the chair, then at Ashish. Neela maa holds Avni's arm, Avni looks at her she signs sit. Avni nods and sits she looks at Riya's chairs and touches that. Everyone had tears in their eyes. Avni recalls something.

Flashback:

The Mehta family was sitting in the dining area. Avni and Riya were sitting together. All had smiled on their lips.

Avni: papa, you know I got full marks in management.

Ashish: wow, that's great.

Avni smiles.

Ashish: and Riya you?

Riya was silent.

Avni: she topped, Papa.

All looks at Avni, astonishingly. A spoon falls from Aman's hands.

Ashish: really.

Riya was nervously looking at Avni.

Avni: yes.

Avni said while laughing: but from last.

Neela maa frowns, Avni was laughing then all understand that Riya failed the test.

Riya: Avni.

Avni: what?

Aman: di, you almost gave me a heart attack. I was shocked Riya di and top.

Riya: Aman.

Avni: aww, my poor brother when I said that I got full marks then how can Riya topped. Common sense my bro.

Aman: oh yaa.

Arnav smiles.

Riya: so what I was unwell before the test.

Avni: oh come on Riya. You were unwell six months ago still you count that in everything.

Riya makes a crying face.

Riya: Papa, see.

Ashish: Avni.

Avni: papa, she does not have an interest in management, then why she is doing that she is good at English so, she should choose literature.

Ashish: Avni is right, Riya if you don't have an interest in management then leave that.

Riya: I want to help you in business.

Avni: I am here for that so you do in which you are good.

Riya: I know why you are saying it because you want to send me abroad so that you enjoy special treatment.

Avni: wow, Riya you are so intelligent.

Riya: papa, see.

Ashish and all were smiling as it was their daily routine.

Riya: when I will die then you will remember me.

Avni: huh, in your dreams. I will distribute sweets that day.

Riya: you.

Riya picks the fork, Avni too picks that and they start fighting with that.

Nm: Riya, Avni stop.

They did not listen and all smiles.

Flashback ends.

Avni was smiling then she recalls a line " when I will die then you will remember me." a tear falls from her eyes before anyone sees that she wipes it but Neela maa saw that she feels bad. Neela maa serves her and caresses her hairs. Avni smiles to see her.