Mending the relationship

Chapter 90:

It was the daytime, Avni was standing outside the Mehta house and looking at it she saw the flashes that how Ashish insults her she clenched her fist then clenched her dress. Neil comes to her and saw she is looking at the home, he saw her hand which was clenching her dress. Neil tries to hold her hand, Avni looked at him. Neil holds her hand. Neil nods, he takes her to the door but Avni stopped. Neil turned to her he took a step to her and cupped her face.

Neil: I am with you.

Avni shook her head and her eyes were moist. Neil nods. They heard Neela maa's voice.

Nm: Ashish, let's go to the room when Avni will come she will come to our room.

Avni was looking there. Neil holds her hand and takes her there. Avni saw Ashish is standing in the living area. Aman was also standing there and was looking down, Kareena was standing beside him by holding his arm.

Ashish: No, she will come anytime. Did you ask her when she is coming?

Nm: yes, she said, she is coming.

Ashish: then why she did not reach till now.

Ashish turned his face and saw Avni is looking at him with teary eyes. Avni saw two people are completely broken and they were Ashish and Aman. Ashish goes to her slowly and Avni also took some steps she was looking at him, Ashish was about to fall but Avni holds him. Neil and all were shocked. Ashish looked at Avni. Avni makes him stand. Avni looked down. There was an awkward silence. Avni was looking here and there. Ashish joins his hand in front of Avni. Avni and all were shocked to see that. Avni looked at Ashish. Ashish cries badly.

Avni whispered: Papa.

Avni looked at him with tears in her eyes.

Ashish: please forgive me. Please.

Ashish was bending on his knees but Avni holds him it was difficult for Avni to hold him.

Avni: papa, please don't do this. Please.

Aman wants to go to them but his guilt was holding him back. Arnav and Neil come to make Ashish stand because he just came from the hospital. They hold him.

Neil: papa, please what are you doing? Please get up.

They make him stand. Ashish was crying. Neela maa came to him.

Nm: Ashish, calm down. You just came from the hospital.

Arnav: yes, Papa. Let's go to the room. You need rest.

Ashish sighs. He wipes his face.

Ashish: I am fine. I want to talk to my princess.

Avni and Neil looked at him. Neil turns his face to Avni who was staring at Ashish. Avni looked down.

Avni: pa, Papa. We, we can talk some other day. You need rest now.

Ashish shook his head.

Ashish: already, I have ruined many years, not any more.

Avni looked at him.

Ashish: why princess, why did you do that, why did you endure my bitterness. Why? You did not even say for once that I did not do anything wrong. Why did you tolerate everything, why did you not tell the truth to me?

Avni was looking at him.

Ashish: what not I said to you. I made you away from your family. I even said that you are not our daughter.

Avni looked down.

Ashish: I never left a chance to taunt you. I even snatched the right of attending the last rituals of your sister but you did not utter a single word. Why? Why? Do you know how much you hurt me? You hurt me very much.