Misunderstanding part 01

Chapter 98:

At the time of the night, the moon was shining over the Khanna mansion and peeping through the window to Avneil's room where Avneil was standing near the bed. Neil was looking at the gift and Avni was looking at him. Avni cleared her throat. Neil looked at her then he again looked at the picture frame of their wedding's picture collage.

Neil: this is amazing.

Avni smiled.

Avni: I was really very confused about what I give you as a gift as you have everything. I wanted to give you a gift which should be probably different, something unique. I thought even searched on the internet but didn't get an idea then after thinking for days, I thought to do this. But still, I was confused about whether it is the right gift or not.

Neil smiled. He looked at the picture frame.

Neil: it is awesome.

Avni was looking at Neil who looked at her.

Neil: by the way, I didn't expect this unique gift from you, I didn't expect this much smartness from you.

Avni opens her mouth. Neil smiled.

Avni: give it back to me.

Avni tried to take it but Neil makes it away. Avni looked at him.

Neil: no, this is my gift.

Avni: but I gave it to you.

Neil: but now it is mine you gave it to me so technically now it is mine. And don't you feel ashamed by asking for returning of the gift after giving it.

Avni looked at him. Neil smiled.

Neil: I was just kidding. I know, my wifey is the epitome of smartness.

Avni: very funny.

Neil: array seriously.

Avni: shut up.

Neil looked at her surprisingly.

Neil: you ladies can never be happy if someone doesn't appreciate you, you start crying and if appreciates you then you will not believe that person. Means Tareef karo to phaso na karo to phaso.

Avni looked away and smile. Neil leaned to her ear.

Neil: now if you are smiling then can I get a hug from wifey.

Avni turns to him. Neil spreads his arms and Avni hugs him. Neil smiled and captures her in his arms and was holding the picture frame.

Neil set that picture frame on the shelf. Avni was standing with him. She was smiling. They looked at each other and smiled.

The next morning, Bebe came to the dining area and sat on the chair. Shweta was arranging the table. She kept the bowl and covered it with the lid she thinks and sits.

Shweta: Bebe, what did you think, is Avni truly pregnant?

Bebe: I don't know but if it was right then Neil and Avni would have told us.

Shweta thinks.

Shweta: last night, I thought, maybe they have planned to tell us about it on their anniversary day but they didn't say anything.

Bebe: means Avni is not pregnant.

Shweta: then why did they go to the hospital. Neil is a doctor but Avni? Why did she go?

Bebe: I am not getting anything.

Shweta: you know, Kareena also told me that when Avni was living at the Mehta house she goes to the hospital to meet Neil. Why would she go there?

Bebe thinks.

Bebe: maybe she was missing Neil that's why she had gone there.

Shweta: Bebe, then she can come back home she came back the next day of it.

Bebe thinks.

Shweta: and did you notice Neil's behaviour for a few days, he is doing extra care of Avni. He gave her juice. Asks her to have a proper meal.

Bebe nods.

Bebe: that's right, I also notice it even I saw Avni taking medicine when I asked she said these are vitamins medicines.

Shweta: see. Means something is fishy.

Bebe: hmm but what and if Avni is pregnant then why they are hiding that?

Shweta: maybe they want to give us a surprise.

Bebe: maybe.

Bebe shook her head in irritation.

Bebe: shut up, Shweta, stop this all. Don't put the seeds of doubt in my head. If Avni is pregnant they will tell us themselves.

Shweta: Bebe, think maybe they are feeling shy.

Bebe thinks.

Shweta gets excited.

Shweta: Bebe, can we buy the gifts for the baby and give them a surprise before they give us a surprise.

Bebe: first, let's confirm it.

Shweta: it is confirmed, Bebe.

Bebe was about to say but they heard Avneil who was coming from the stairs while talking. Shweta and Bebe composed themselves. Avneil comes and wished them the morning they also wished them. Avneil sat on the chair.

All were having breakfast. Neil took the glass and poured juice in the glass and kept it near Avni. Avni saw that.

Neil: hmm.

Shweta and Bebe noticed that and they looked at each other. Avni picked the glass and drinks the juice silently as she was habitual of it. Neil takes the bit of morsel. Avneil looked at each other and smiled.

Avni and Neil were standing in the room. Neil was combing his hair and Avni was keeping the file in the bag. Neil came to her.

Neil: file?

Avni: I kept it in the bag so that no one gets doubted.

Shweta was listening to them by standing outside the room.

Neil: ok, I am going to the hospital. I will come to pick you up at 11:00 o'clock. Then we will go for the ultrasound and then we will go to the doctor. Ok.

Shweta raised her eyebrows.

Avni: no, you don't need to come there. I will directly meet you there.

Neil: ok.

Avni: even I am thinking that I will go for an ultrasound then you directly come to the XYZ hospital.

Shweta: XYZ hospital.

Shweta nods.

Neil: no, I will come there for your ultrasound then we will go.

Avni: ok.

Neil: ok, I am going now. You reach there on time and keep in touch with me.

Avni nods.

Avni: drive safely.

Neil: Yeah, you too.

Neil holds her shoulders.

Neil: and don't take the stress. Hmm.

Avni nods. Neil kissed her forehead. Avni smiled with closed eyes.

If Neil want then he could take her for an ultrasound early but he knew that he will understand the condition and Avni will take the stress till the other test report comes.

Neil and Avni smiled to see each other. Shweta fastly goes from there. Neil goes and Avni's smile faded she thinks.