Closeness

Chapter 73:

At the time of the night, Avni and Neil were laying on the bed in their room. Avni's head was on Neil's chest. Avni looked at Neil he understands that she wants to say something.

Neil: what happened?

Avni lays her head on his chest. Neil also looks up at the roof.

Avni: I am sorry, Neil. I know, I hurt you but I was fighting with myself and wanted to live alone.

Neil: but you could at least contact us.

Avni: I wanted to but I knew if I contact anyone of you then I will get weak and you people will also try to convince me to come back and I did not want to come back though I badly wanted to come but I controlled myself.

Neil: you could at least give me your contact number. I know you switched your number so that no one can trace your location and come to you but you could trust me, you could at least give me your contact. Did I stop you from going? No, right. If I wanted to stop you then I would tell to Neela maa or Aman before your going but I did not tell them and still you did that. Don't you trust me?

Avni: nothing is like that. if I did not trust you then I would not tell you about my London's trip. Yes, I hid about going to Dehli because I knew you will come there so I did not tell you about that. But whatever I say, my deeds are not justifiable; I should tell you about my whereabouts. I am sorry.

Neil: you were right at your place. Being accused every time is not easy. It hurts a lot. I just wanted you to fight for yourself. You always fight for Aman but never fight for yourself. That night, Papa blamed you and you listened silently you could say that Aman is at fault but you remain silent and when papa slapped Aman you was the first one who went to save him.

Avni: Neil, I know papa. I know his anger. He did not forgive me in all these years then how can you expect that he would leave Aman. I know, Aman was at fault and that's why when you grabbed his collar I did not stop you because I know how protective you are about your family and I also knew that Aman did a mistake that's why I did stop you but papa, he would vent his anger on him if I did not stop him. Did you see how he behaved with me if you would have not stopped him he would continue that until something bad had happened?

Neil: but you can't save Aman every time. When something happens you suffered the most without any fault.

Avni: I know, I am overprotective towards Aman but there is a reason behind it. Mamma told us when Aman was a newborn baby mamma had severe pain in her back that she could not be able to pick Aman. That time, I used to play with Aman and when he cries I tried to calm him and he got connected with me. He cried for me. Once mamma took him to her mother's home and we had exams so we did not go and her mother also did not like us because I and Bhai are adopted child so we did not go. Aman got ill because he missed us so maybe we have a unique bond that I felt overprotective towards him. I love him more.

Neil smiles.

Neil: he also loves you very much even he gave you a place of mother in his life.

Avni smiles.

Avni: yes, in childhood he used to sleep with me even in teenage, he slept sometimes in my room and papa scold him many times and takes him from there. Sometimes when papa and mamma had fights Aman felt bad and he comes to my room and sleeps on my lap. Many times he did that.

Neil: your bond is really strong.

Avni smiled and said yes. Avni told him many stories and Neil smiled. He wondered that Avni speaks this much. Neil smiles. Avni looked at Neil.

Avni: sorry, I just started and did not realise that you will get bored.

Neil: who said, I get bored. I enjoyed it a lot.

Neil touched her hair.

Neil: but.

Neil keeps Avni's hair strands behind her ears.

Neil: if we talk about us then it will be more good.

Neil holds her shoulder and other was at Avni's back.

Avni: about us?

Neil: yes.

Avni: like?

Neil: like our future. Our feelings about each other. What do you feel about me?

Avni blushes. Neil smiles. Neil cups Avni's face with one hand.

Neil: Avni?

Neil caresses her cheek.

Avni: I am sleepy. Good night.

Avni lays her head on his chest. Neil smiles.

Neil: do I take it as a positive response?

Avni: hmm.

Neil smiles. They were happy and felt peace in each other's arms.

The next day, Avni was getting ready. She was trying to tie the strings of the blouse which was stuck.

Avni: tch.

Avni was trying she felt a hand on her hands. She saw Neil in the mirror. Neil also looked at her in the mirror. Neil tied that and hugged her from behind. Avni shivers. Her breath stopped for a moment. Neil was enjoying it. Avni tries to control herself.

Neil: what a pleasant surprise, Saree, hmm.

Avni: Yes, my husband loves to see me in a saree so I wear it.

Neil: your husband also wants many other things when will you do that and let him do that.

Avni: like?

Neil whispers in Avni's ear.

Neil: like a confession of love.

Avni feels a shiver in her body.

Neil kissed her ear. Avni closed her eyes.

Neil: like this.

Neil rubs his lips on Avni's ear.

Neil: like this.

Neil moved her lips to her neck and holds her shoulder with one hand and the other was on Avni's belly. Avni clenched her saree and gives him space. Neil looked at Avni in the mirror and saw her closed eye. Neil turned her to him and holds her waist. Neil holds her chin and makes her look at him.

Neil: soon, very soon I will make you mine, Avni. Be ready for that. Because I know you also feel for me just the way I feel for you. Yes or no.

Avni looks down and blushes. Neil smiles. He kissed her forehead and moves away.

Neil: be ready for that.

Avni feels shy. Neil smiles and goes to get his clothes from the cupboard and turns to Avni who was looking here and there then he goes to the bathroom and Avni blushes she turns to the mirror and saw her blush. Avni hides her face in her hands then she fists her fingers at her mouth and looked herself in the mirror and again hides her face in her hands.