Guilt

Chapter 87:

Tough time tests our patience.

At the time of the night, Avni was sitting on the bench at the poolside, the day was terrible for her. She knew this day will not go well but she did not assume that this would go like this. She could not imagine that and can not imagine that. It was worst than the nightmare. She knew when the truth will come out then everything will shatter, the relations, the hearts and of course the people, if something would be left that would be a pin drop of silence. A silence that would be more painful than the noise.

Avni catches her head with her both hands but immediately she keeps her hands on the bench. She was tired, she was guilty, she was in pain. She was feeling her heart heavy because there was a burden of emotion, fear, guilty and many other emotions.

Avni: tch... I should not say those words to Neil. What was his mistake? He promised me that he will not disclose the truth and he fulfilled his promise. If Neela mas heard us then what was his fault in that, he was just consoling you, he was supporting you as a caring husband and you... Avni, today you hurt him a lot. How can you say those words to him? I should apologise to him. Yes, Avni, go and talk to your Neil.

Avni gets up and fastly goes from there. Avni entered the room and saw Neil is not there. She saw a paper on the bed under the paperweight. Avni goes to pick it up.

Avni reads: Avni, I am going to the hospital. Don't worry, everything is fine and don't take tension of Papa, I am with him. I will take care of him.

Avni thinks.

Avni: Neil is very hurt. Tch... What did you do Avni?

Avni sits on the bed and was guilty.

Neil was sitting in his cabin by leaning to it. Neil was thinking about Avni's words. Neil closed his eyes and again open them, he was hurt. On the other side, Avni was laying on the bed and thinking about Neil. The sleep was far away from them. They thought about each other.

The next morning, Neil heard a knock on the door and woke up. He looked around and realised that he is in his cabin. Neil runs the hand in his hair and pinches his eyes to clean them.

Neil: come in.

A ward boy comes with a file.

W.B: sir, these are reports of bed no 34.

Neil takes them.

Neil: ok, you can go.

The man nods and goes. Neil gets up and goes to wash his face. Neil came back. He rubbed his forehead.

Neil: my head... Neil, you need a coffee. first, check papa then anything else.

Neil goes. He checked Ashish and read the papers. Neil talked to Arnav and Neela maa then he goes to his cabin. Neil picked the receiver of the phone.

Neil: one coffee, please.

Neil keeps the receiver and thinks.

Neil: Avni.

Neil picked up his phone but he heard a knock on the door.

Neil: come in.

The door opened, Neil looked there and to his shock, Avni came inside by carrying a bag the tiffin was in it. Avni looked up and their eyes met. They looked at each other. Neil gets up.

Neil: Avni. Come.

Avni looked down and nods. She comes to him and keeps the bag on the table.

Avni: breakfast. I was coming here so thought to bring the breakfast for you all.