Closing the book

Last chapter:

It was the daytime and the Khanna mansion was decorated for Neav's naming ceremony.

Everyone gathered around Neav who was in the cradle. Avneil were also standing there.

Bebe: Avni, pick Neav.

Avni nodded and she picked Neav in her arms.

Bebe: Avni, now take Neav’s name in his ear.

Avneil looked at Bebe.

Prakash: but, we also know his name.

Bebe: I know but it is ritual.

Avni: But, Bebe, it is Neav’s Bua’s right. Right?

Everyone looked at Avni.

Avni: I know that I decided Neav’s name but it is Bua’s right to select Baby’s name. Right?

Bebe nods. Avni looked at Aman and signs him to go to Kareena who was standing in the corner. Aman nods and he goes to Kareena who was crying by turning her face away. Aman felt bad and kept his hand on Kareena’s shoulder. Kareena looked up and she wiped her tears. Kareena turns.

Aman: come, Di is calling you.

Kareena: No, I am fine here. I don’t want to spoil your happiness.

Aman: come.

Kareena shook her head. Aman took out the papers from his vest as he was wearing sherwani. Aman showed the divorce papers to Kareena. Everyone was looking at them. Aman tore the papers and Avni smiled. Neil too smiled and he looked at Avni who also looked at him. They were happy. Kareena was looking at Aman.

Aman: you are not going anywhere.

Kareena was shocked.

Aman: Kareena, I cannot forget what you did and forgiving you for that is not possible for me.

Kareena looked down.

Aman: but we can try to make a new start. I can’t promise you that I will be like before with you but I will try.

Kareena: Aman…

Aman: we can talk about it later. Right now, let’s go everyone is waiting for us.

Kareena smiled and she wiped her tears. Aman and Kareena turned to all and they came. Aman smiled to see Avni who was smiling also. Everyone goes to them except Avneil.

Neil: do you think that Aman has forgiven Kareena?

Avni: no.

Neil looked down.

Avni: and he can never forgive her for that. But I know my brother, he will give his 100 per cent and one day, everything will be fine. Time is the best healer. We do not forget everything with time but learn to live with that truth.

Neil smiled and Avneil looked at each other.

Kareena and others were standing near Avneil and Avni gave Neav to Kareena. Kareena was happy. Kareena called Neav’s name in his ear.

Kareena: mamma gave you Neav name.

Kareena announced Neav’s name and everyone clapped. Avneil looked at each other while smiling then they did the photo session. Some were sitting on the couch and some were standing.

Bebe: ok, now everybody go to your room and have some rest then we have to get ready for the party.

Everyone nods.

Shweta: but, we have to clean this area before.

Avni: don’t worry, my staff will do this.

Neil: yeah, I always say but don’t know why you all forget. When an event planner is in our home then what’s the need to worry?