Heart broken

Chapter 38:

One week passed, Neil and the Mehta family took care of Avni though Ashish came to see her one, two times; but they did not talk nor even apologised to each other. Avni was laying on the bed and Neil was standing there on one side and Neela maa and Aman on the other side. Neil was reading the file and writing something. Neil closed the file. Neil already told them that maybe they will discharge her today.

Neil: congratulations, you will be discharged today.

Avni and all were happy.

Neil: make the discharge papers.

Neil gives the file to the nurse. The nurse nods and goes. Avni was happy. Neil looks at her.

Neil: you are discharged now but that doesn't mean that you will roam freely. You have to take complete bed rest at least for one month.

Avni rolls her eyes.

Avni: yes Doctorrr.

Neil looks at her and shakes his head.

Neil: I am going to fill the formalities.

Nm: Neil?

Neil stops and looks at her.

Nm: Hospital's.. bi.. ll. I mean.

Neil: Neela maa, I will look after everything.

Avni: why?

Neil: because you are my Fiancée.

Avni remains silent. She feels horripilate whenever Neil called her fiancée.

Nm: that's right, Neil but you don't need to do it we can pay that. Avni is your fiancée, not your wife.

Avni looks on. Wife word also grabbed Neil's attention.

Nm: so it is quite embarrassing. Sorry if I hurt you.

Neil: it's ok, Neela maa, I understand.

Neil said while looking down, "You are right she is not my wife."

Nm: I am sorry, I didn't...

Neil: no Neela maa it's ok. I am coming.

Neil goes. Avni understood that he is hurt.

Nm: ab, I am going, Avni. Come soon, we are waiting for you.

Avni smiled. Neela maa pets her cheek and goes. Avni thinks.

Later, Avni got discharged and Arnav paid the bill. Avni tried to get up but her hand had a bandage so Neil helped her. Avni looks at Neil he feels that and looks at her. Their eyes lock. Arnav and Aman entered and were surprised to see them. Neil saw them and helped Avni to stand. Avni was looking down. Neil rubs his nose.

Arnav: can we go?

Neil nods.

Arnav gives support to Avni and Neil was going after them. Aman opened the door for Avni and Arnav made her sit. Neil forwards his hand by standing at the back as he was concerned for Avni but Arnav made her sit.

Arnav: ok Neil, bye then.

Neil: bye. Take care of her and give her medicine on time.

Arnav nods. He hugs Neil.

Arnav: thank you for everything.

Neil smiles. Arnav goes to get in the car and Avneil were looking at each other. The car went. Neil sighs.

On the other side, Neela maa, Ashish, Sonia were standing in the living area.

Nm: please Ashish she is coming back today so please don't say anything to her.

Ashish: when I say her, anything? Neela, I am not her enemy. It is just that I am angry with her and you know the reason.

Nm: and that is why I am asking you to control your emotions. We almost lost her so please control.

Ashish: you are talking like I have some enmity with her. I admit that I overreact that night but for that also she is responsible. When I heard that news I recalled the past and got angry. It is not easy for me to forget the past because of her we lost Riya and...

Nm: and we will lose Avni if you did not change your behaviour towards her. Why are you not understanding this simple thing?

Ashish looks at her.

Nm: you overreact that night and look at the consequences of that we had almost lost Avni.

Ashish: that's, that is my point. She always does this. She goes out in anger every time. First, we lost Riya and now she put her life in danger she knew about the weather Still she went out. It shows how irresponsible she is. She doesn't care about us. For her, her ego comes first.

Nm: Ashish, what are you saying, do you even have an idea? You are making an issue of a small thing.

Ashish: really, Neela. I am making an issue. I am not understanding. Neela, only I know that how I am living with her. Whenever I see her face, I remember Riya. If my own daughter was at her place I would have given her to the police but I did not do that because she is my sister's daughter and I promised her that I will take care of her. Just because of her, I am letting her living here else I would have sent her to jail.

Someone was hearing their conversation and each and every word was pounding her heart. It was Avni her eyes were teary. Aman and Arnav were standing with her. She was holding Aman's hand because he was going to stop them.

Nm: she is my daughter. She...

Neela maa turned her face and saw them she was shocked. Avni was looking at Ashish she recalls the words and gets angry. Avni angrily goes to her room.

Nm: Avni.

Neela maa glared at Ashish.

All go after her. Ashish was looking at them.

Avni comes to her room and opens the door she picks the bag from the cupboard though her hand was injured but she did not care about that. She was less concerned about her injuring she just forget everything the pain which was in her heart was more than any other pain.

Nm: Avni, listen to me.

Avni goes to the cupboard and gets her clothes and all were trying to stop her but she did not listen. Avni packed her clothes and closed the bag. Avni holds the handle and was about to pick her bag. Aman holds the handle.

Aman: I will pick it.

Neela maa gets angry with Aman.

Nm: Aman, have you lost your mind?

Aman: mamma, papa always do this now it is a limit. Di, I will also come with you.

Avni: no and that's final.

Avni picks the bag and Aman takes that from here. Avni starts going.

Nm: Avni.

Arnav: Avni, listen.

But Avni goes. All were after her she comes downstairs and Ashish looks at her. Avni was going but stopped because the Khanna family entered at the same time. Avni and all were looking at them and they were looking at Mehta family confusingly. Neil saw the bag in Aman's hand and looks at Avni. He heard that the Mehta family was trying to stop her. Avneil were looking at each other and Neil can see anger and pain in Avni's eyes.