Sorting the things

Chapter 65:

In the nighttime, Neil entered the kitchen and saw Avni was cooking something. Avni saw him and looks down. She picked the pan and kept it on the stove. Neil looked down and came to her by keeping the hands in his pocket. Neil tried to talk but can't be able to utter a word. Neil stands by leaning to the counter and tried to help Avni but she already had everything. Neil goes to sit at the table and looked at Avni.

Avni comes to the table and keeps a square-shaped bowl. Avni turned.

Neil: ab, Avni?

Avni stopped. Neil was waiting for her to turn to him. Avni turns.

Neil: can we talk?

Avni nods.

Avni: coming. Give me a minute.

Neil nods.

Neil: Sure.

Avni goes and comes with a tray of two cups and sits. Avni passed one cup to Neil and took the one for her. Neil sipped his tea and Avni was sipping.

Neil: Avni, I know whatever happened, I mean what I did, was...

Avni: Neil.

Neil looked at her.

Avni: first of all, stop feeling guilty you did not do anything wrong. The thing that happened, that happened between us I am equally responsible for that. If you came to me then I also fell in the moment; you did not force me. Did I push you back? No, right. I know, it is really awkward to talk about this matter but I also know that it is necessary to talk about it. I also want to talk to you that's why I came back home early but was feeling awkward that's why I prepared these things as an excuse so that I can talk to you.

Avni and Neil looked at each other.

Avni: I want to be honest with you, because I can't live without talking to you vice versa you also. You can't live without talking to me so we have to sort out this matter today. Neil, you did not make me uncomfortable. I was just thinking about the thing that happened suddenly between us and it is quite embarrassing to talk about it just after that thing happened.

Neil: true. I understand. I also came here after gathering a lot of courage.

Avni: yaa. Neil, we started our relationship with friendship and with time our bond became stronger though because of our professional life we did not spend much time with each other but wherever we need support we stood with each other. When I got puzzled you stood with me and...

Neil: where I needed support I found you standing next to me. It is true, we both are the support system of each other. Avni, as you said we started our relationship as a friend but now at this point of life, I can say without any doubt that I feel for you.

Avni was looking at him.

Neil: I don't know about you but for me, you are more than a friend. I don't want to embarrass you but I really like you. I am clear about my feelings.

Neil in mind: I love you, Avni but I will not confess that to you now I don't want you to go into your shell because of that. But I will surely share them with you at the right time.

Avni rolls her cup. Avni was looking at the table.

Avni: aa, See, Neil. I don't know what I feel for you. I mean, there is something but I am not understanding that what it is.

Avni looked at Neil.

Avni: The thing that happened I got involved in that. I fell in the moment so surely feelings are there. I mean obviously, I will not do that to any random guy it was you that's why I responded but I am not getting that whether it is attraction or love. Neil, after our marriage mostly we get engrossed in our work maybe if we spent much time then I would understand my feelings but right now I am confused.

Neil: take your time, no hurries. I just don't want any wall between us because of that moment. I want our relationship as it was going. I can't tell that in words that how much I miss you since that night.

Avni smiles.

Avni: well feelings are mutual I was missing my Gorilla.

Neil: really then why you were not talking to me.

Avni pressed her lips and nodded.

Avni: I, I was feeling awkward. Sorry.

Neil smiles.

Neil: relax I was just kidding. I understand.

Avni smiles.

Neil: by the way, Wifey, I said I like you but you directly went to love. I must say you are really fast.

Avni looks at him. Neil smiles.

Avni; shut up and have these chips.

Neil smiles. Avni feeds him.

Neil: you also have it.

Neil keeps the one to her lips. Avni smiles, she eats.

Neil: I promise, I will not repeat that mistake again. Don't know what happened to me, I...

Avni tries to feed him the chips. Neil looked at her.

Avni: talking while eating is a bad manner.

Neil smiles and eats. He nods.

Avni: Neil, don't feel guilty. It was not a mistake it was a moment that took place between husband and wife.

Neil feeds her.

Neil: but I should not lose my control. I should confess my feelings to you first.

Avni: don't think too much now everything is sorted you did not confess your feelings but look at me I don't even know about my feelings but are you seeing any guilt in my eyes. No, right? So chill.

Neil nods.

Neil: so you find it OK?

Avni: I don't know anything as I said I am not sure about my feelings. It was awkward for me to talk about that matter but I was never guilt and I don't know why?

Neil: But I was guilty, I thought I made it earlier. But it's good everything is sorted. Now I am relieved.

Avni smiles.

Avni: good. OK, now have tea before It gets cold.

Neil smiles and nods. Avni and Neil were talking and enjoying the chips and tea with their chitchat. Shweta and Bebe were smiling to see that. Bebe was standing by holding a jug they smile.

Bebe: you were taking tension unnecessarily. See they are looking so happy with each other.

Shweta: yes Bebe, I hope they live like this forever.

Bebe smiles.

Bebe: let's go. Let them enjoy.

Shweta smiles and they go. Avni and Neil sip the tea.

The next morning, Avni wakes up and saw Neil is sleeping peacefully. Avni smiles to see him and gets up.

Later, Avni was getting ready and Neil stirs he groans. Avni saw him in the mirror and smiles. Avni picked an earring. Neil opened his eyes and took a breath. Neil turns his face and sees Avni is getting ready. Neil smiled and keeps the arm under his head and looked at Avni. Avni saw him she thinks and picked another earring and wear.

Avni: Neil, stop staring at me.

Neil: why, my eyes my wish. I will see what I want.

Avni brushed her hair and saw Neil's eyes are glued at her.

Avni: Neil, please.

Neil: what I am doing to you? Did I say anything to you?

Avni: I am feeling conscious.

Neil: now that is your problem, not mine.

Avni grins her teeth and brushed her hair in anger. Neil smiles.

Neil: by the way, good morning.

Avni looked at him. She did not give any reply. Neil smiles. He was staring at her. Avni banged the hairbrush on the table and turned to Neil. Avni goes out of the room in anger. Neil smiles and sits on the bed. Neil shook his head. Neil ruffles his hair and smiles.