Talks

Chapter 57:

Things can be solved by talking.

In the Khanna mansion, Avni and Neil sitting in their room. Neil looks away and Avni was looking at him.

Avni: Neil.

No response.

Avni: what do you want, Neil?

Neil: why you are asking me you did what you want. Like you always do.

Avni: Do you want me to back off from this project?

Neil: you made your mind to do it. In fact, you accepted that project and will go tomorrow then what's the point of talking about all this.

Avni: exactly, tomorrow I will go and don't know when I come back still you are angry with me.

Neil looks at her and looks away.

Avni: Neil, imagine if I left this project but what is the guarantee that I will not be threatened again. Do you give me any guarantee?

Neil looks at her.

Avni: no right? OK tell me if a patient comes to you and you get a phone call that don't treat that person and threatens you then what will you do?

Neil: Obviously, I will save that person because it is my duty.

Avni: that what I am trying to say.

Neil: what do you want to say? What do you want to prove?

Avni: I want to say that we can not sit at home because of these types of threats. Neil, rivals are everywhere and it is very common in businesses.

Neil: Avni, my duty as a doctor and your project both are different things. You can't compare them.

Avni: True but one thing is common in our profession that is commitment. We all are committed to our work and we can't do injustice with our work. I said yes to his PA and started the work then who can I back off now. It is a question of my credibility.

Neil: and what about your life? Is your work more than your life? If something happened to you then what you will do of your business.

Avni: so you mean to say that I should shut down my business.

Neil: When I said that?

Avni: you are not saying that but if every time I refused the projects then that day is not far away when a padlock will be hanging at the gate of my office.

Neil looks at her.

Neil: I want your protection that's it. You can send anyone to your place.

Avni: How can I put someone else life at risk?

Neil: and I can't put your life at risk. Rest is your choice.

Avni: nothing will happen these are useless threats, just to scare us it is not the first time when I am getting these types of threats and see I am here sitting in front of you all fine.

Neil cups her face.

Neil: try to understand, Avni, I am concerned about you.

Avni holds his hand in her hands.

Avni: trust me, Neil, nothing will happen and death is an ultimate truth we can not deny it when it has to come it will come no one can stop it then why to live in fear.

Neil was looking at her.

Avni: ok, tell me if you were at my place then what you will do?

Neil thinks.