A deep grief

Chapter 108:

At night time, Avni and Neil were sleeping and Avni frowns in asleep. She wakes up and thinks. She was trying to process something. Avni got shocked. Avni tried to awake Neil by touching him because her voice was stuck in her throat. Avni tapped Neil's arm.

Avni: Na, Na, Na, Neil. Na, Neil.

Neil wakes up and turns his face to Avni. Neil switched on the light of the room and sat on the bed. He saw Avni laying by hugging her belly.

Neil: What happened, Avni?

Avni: Neil, our baby.

Neil was shocked. He felt something and was shocked. He pulled off the duvet and got a big shock.

Neil was driving the car at high speed. He wants to drive it as fast as he can. Neil looked at Avni who was unconscious. Neil keeps the hair strand behind her ear and speeds up the car. Neil looked at Avni then he focused on the road. Soon, they reached the hospital and Neil get down from the car, he had already informed the hospital so everything was arranged. The ward boys come with the stretcher. Neil goes to Avni's side.

Neil: bedsheet.

Ward boy shows that. Neil opened the car door and makes Avni lay on it. He covered her with the bedsheet and they took her inside. Neil was walking with the stretcher. They took her inside. The doctor came there.

Neil: Dr Rashmi, Avni.

Dr Rashmi: Relax Doctor Neil, I am going there.

She goes. Neil runs his hand in his hair and took a step back. He falls on the bench. Neil had an idea of what has happened but still, he doesn't want to admit that to him. Neil looked up with teary eyes.

Neil: God, please save my Avni and my child, please.

Neil closed his eyes.

After some time, Neil was standing by leaning on the wall and one foot was up. His eyes were closed, he was tired. He heard the sound of opening the door and looked there. He saw the doctor and instantly goes to her.

Neil: how are Avni and my child?

The doctor looked down. Neil was looking at her and waiting for her reply.

Doctor: Avni is fine.

Neil sighs.

Doctor: But,

Neil: but.

Doctor: But I am sorry, we could not be able to save your child. She has a miscarriage.

Neil felt like someone pulled the rug from under his feet. He was numb.

Doctor: I am sorry.

She looked down.

Doctor: Avni is unconscious but she will wake up in a few hours.

The doctor looked at Neil and goes.

A tear falls from Neil's eyes. He stumbles and falls near the bench. Neil was in shock. He was panting. Neil gasps and cries. Neil catches his hair and cries.

After some time, Neil wipes his tears and sighs. He got up and goes to the room. Neil goes inside and saw Avni. He sat near her and looked at her with teary eyes then he looked at her belly and raised his hand to touch it. Neil's hand was shaking, he was crying. Neil takes his hand back and cries.

Neil: I am sorry, my baby, I am sorry. I could not protect you, please forgive papa, please. Papa is bad, he could not save you.

Neil cries.

The sun rises and people started their work. Neil was sitting on the bench. He came out of his thoughts and looked around. Neil rubs his face with his hand and sighs. He got up and called Shweta who was standing on the balcony.

Shweta: Hello, Tillu where are you both. You did not come home till now.

Neil: Mom.

Shweta frowns.

Shweta: what happened, Tillu?

Neil: mom, we are in the hospital.

Shweta: hospital? But why? Is Avni alright?

Neil cries, and he suppressed his lips.

Neil: mom, my child. I lost my baby.

Shweta was shocked.

Soon, the Khanna family came there. Neil looked at them and his eyes gets moist. Everyone had tears in their eyes. Shweta touched Neil's arm.

Shweta: Tillu.

Neil hugged her and broke down.

Neil: mom, my child, mom.

Everyone was crying. Shweta caresses his hair and rubs his back. Bebe and Prakash were crying. Prakash sighs. Shweta breaks the hug and cups Neil's face.

Shweta: relax. Sshhh. Tillu, you are my strong boy if you cry like this then how can you handle Avni. Hmm.

Neil was looking at her. Prakash came to him and keeps his hand on Neil's shoulder. He hugs him. Neil cries. They break the hug.

Prakash: be strong now you have to become Avni's strength. Hmm.

Neil looked down.

Neil: she was already frightened. How will I tell her the truth? She will not handle that.

Bebe wipes her tears and came to him and touched his arm.

Bebe: that's why you have to become strong. You have to handle her. You have to become her strength. You have to be patient.

Neil was looking at her. Bebe nods. She hugs him. Neil got emotional.

On the other side, Avni stirs, she saw the flashes of her dream and of the night moment. She heard the sound of the baby who was calling mamma, mamma. Avni frowns and opened her eyes. She frowns to see the surroundings and realised she is in the hospital. The nurse saw her and came to her.

Nurse: you are awake. How are you now, ma'am?

Avni was looking at her.

The nurse came out and saw the Khanna family.

Nurse: doctor Neil, your wife is awake.

Neil was looking at her, the Khanna family looked at Neil. Shweta keeps the hand on Neil's shoulder. He looked at her, she sighed go. Neil was looking at her.

Neil: did you tell her about her...

Neil stopped.

The nurse shook her head. Neil thinks.

Avni was looking at the roof of the room and she heard the sound of opening the door but she did not look there. Neil entered the room and looked at Avni. He looked down and her and there. Neil sighs and came to Avni slowly. He smiled slightly. Neil caressed her hair and kissed her forehead.

Neil: how are you, Avni?

No response.

Neil: Avni?

No response. Neil was looking at her. He wondered why she is not saying anything, the Avni whom he knows, she would have bombarded the questions but why she is silent. Did she know the truth? Is she in trauma? Neil was looking at her.