Surprise or shock

Chapter 19:

It was a time of the night, there was complete silence, but silence speaks louder than words. The Khanna mansion had shown where Neil was sitting on the bed and thinking about Avni.

Neil: why I am feeling that Avni is hiding something today the fear and grief was clearly visible on her face. When Arav told me about her crying suddenly she panicked that means she is hiding something, something very big which she does not want to be revealed at any cost but what?

Neil paused.

Neil: she is not a drug addict there are no such signs but she left it... but still there must be some signs but she is perfectly fine and in her blood report there was no such thing then why she is saying? Maybe the doctor did not write about that. But why I am not satisfied, I can't believe that she was a drug addict, she doesn't look like but why she will hide?

Neil thinks.

Neil: maybe to save someone, but whom? Someone close one... Avni and her cousin were in the car... maybe her cousin was a drug addict and after her death, Avni is trying to save her dignity so no one can say harsh words about her. If I were at her place I would do that. Yes, I am sure that she is hiding something very big. But how will I know about it she will not tell me.

Neil thinks.

Neil: Is my interfere in her past, good? Is digging past, right? What If she got to know about that how will she react? What if she thinks that I don't trust her that's why I am digging the past?

Neil rubs his temple.

Neil: What do I do? I am so confused.

Neil thinks.

On the other side, Avni was sitting in her room and thinking about Neil.

Avni: Neil is a doctor he must get doubted on me. Today doubt was clearly visible on his face I should do something to divert his mind.

Avni thinks.

The next morning, the Mehta family was sitting at the dining table.

Nm: Ashish, after one month Avni will go from here at least now let her sit here with us and let her make some memories that she can cherish later.

Ashish thinks he gets up and goes. Neela maa sighs sadly and Arnav thinks.

Avni was getting ready for her office she heard the knock on the doctor and stopped she recognize it by just hearing the knock who it is. Avni thinks she slowly goes to open it as she knew who it is.

Avni opened the door and she guessed it right, it was Ashish.

Ashish: Come for the breakfast we all are waiting for you. Come fast.

Avni looks at him. Ashish goes and Avni smiles with teary eyes she sighs deeply to control her emotions. Ashish comes back, all look at him then Avni comes after him and everyone's face light up. They smile. Ashish and Avni sit. Avni looks at the vacant chair.

Nm: today I cooked your favourite flattened rice and today I will feed you with my hand.

Avni smiles.

Sonia: and here is your juice.

Aman: and I also prepared this bread and butter for you.

Everyone smiles.

Neela maa feeds Avni she smiles.

Avni: enough mamma.

Nm: what enough? you just ate two spoons.

Avni: no it's enough.

Sonia: ok, have this juice.

She makes Avni drink with her hand. Arnav smiles.