Avneil's understanding

Chapter 140:

The sun rises and the birds start their day. They go in the search of food. The rays of the sun entered Avneil's room where Avni was sleeping. Neil came into the room carrying a tray. Neil smiled to see Avni. Neil kept the tray on the side table and he wiped his hands. Neil sat on the bed. Neil leaned to Avni and smiled to see her. Neil caressed Avni's hair.

Neil: Avni. Avni, wake up.

No use.

Neil: Avni, love, wake up.

Avni stirs and she sets the duvet then she slept by keeping her face on her hands.

Neil smiled to see her. He kept his hand on Avni's arm.

Neil: Avni, wake up, it's morning.

Avni took away his arm.

Avni: Neil, please let me sleep.

Neil makes a face. He thinks and an idea strikes his mind. Neil picked up the plate from the tray and took it near Avni's face. Avni smelt that. Neil smiled to see her. Avni opened her one eye but Neil hides the plate behind his back. Avni opened her eyes and saw nothing near her face. She looked at Neil who smiled to see her.

Neil: Good morning, wifey.

Avni looked at the tray and saw the cup of coffee. Avni thinks.

Avni in mind: was that my illusion?

Avni looked at Neil.

Neil: what happened?

Avni: nothing. I am sleepy. Good night.

Neil was stunned.

Neil: not night, morning. Good morning.

Avni gave no reply. Her eyes were closed and she sets her duvet.

Neil: Avni, come on, get up, now. Don't you have to go office?

Avni replied with closed eyes: no.

Neil gave her a look.

Neil: Avni.

No reply.

Neil: Fine then don't talk to me.

Avni opened her eyes and she lays on her back. She saw Neil is looking away. She smiled and spreads her arms and Neil saw that from the corner of his eyes. Neil turned his face to her. He smiled and hugged her. Avni kissed Neil's cheek.

Avni: I love you.

Neil smiled.

Neil: I love you too.

They smiled.

Neil said while getting up: ok now get up and have breakfast.

Avni was getting up.

Neil: Carefully. Carefully

Avni sat. Neil smiled to see her and he picked up the plate which was kept on the bed at his back. Neil showed the flattened rice to Avni. Avni was surprised because suddenly something came in front of her. She widens her eyes and got excited.

Avni: Poha?

Neil looked at her. Avni looked up at Neil who nods yes. Avni made a serious face.

Avni: you made it?

Neil: yes. Any doubt?

Avni smiled.

Avni: no.

Neil smiled.