Revelation of truth part two

Chapter 33:

The raindrops were playing with floors, roads and plants, knocking on the windows. In a room, there was complete silence and raindrops can be heard clearly. Avni and Neil were looking at each other. Neil thought Avni doesn't want to share her past with him and he was disappointed somewhere in his heart.

Neil: it's ok if you don't want to share it. You sleep here and I will sleep on the couch we can't go home in this weather it is risky.

Neil looks at Avni who was looking at him. Neil gets up.

Avni: I was only two years old when my parents passed away.

Neil looks at her and sits.

Avni: Ashish papa was my mother's elder brother. Even after the five years of marriage he and Neela maa had no child but when I was born, Neela maa was the one who picked me in her arms and maybe our bond was created from there. She loves me a lot and when my parents died they took us to their home because Papa promised my mother that he will take care of us. Time passed and my and papa's bond increased we were friends, best friends.

Avni smiles.

Avni: we were like crime partners no matter what I do, Papa always protects me maybe this is the reason that he is not able to forgive me, maybe he is thinking that if he showed me the right path in childhood then this day would not have come.

Neil: if you know him this much then why do you get angry at him?

Avni looks at him.

Avni: because it hurts. It really hurts when he says those words to me when he says, I am responsible for Riya's death. I admit, I created that image of mine in his eyes but can't he forget the past, doesn't he know me? I told them that it was an accident still he is not able to forget that.

Neil: is it that much easy? Are you able to forget it?

Avni looks at him.

Neil: was that really accident? Aman's silence is saying something else.

Avni: that was an accident and Aman is silent because he doesn't know anything.

Neil frowns.

Neil: what? How can it be possible?

Avni: because he was not in his senses that time.

Neil closes his eyes and shakes his head.

Neil: I am not able to understand anything. What, What are you trying to say?

Avni looks at him.

Avni: that is the truth. No one knew about his drug addiction but one day.

Flashback:

Four years ago, Avni was in college and Aman just got admission at that time. In the time of the night, Avni wakes up and was thirsty she saw the jug is empty she looks at Riya who was sleeping peacefully. Avni grins her teeth.

Avni: this, Riya. She did not fill the jug today, it was her turn but this lazy lizard, never do her work. From tomorrow, I will also not do that.

Avni throws the cushion at Riya but she didn't even stir. Avni grins her teeth. She picks the jug and was going to get water she was passing by Aman's room and heard the sound. Avni frowns.

Avni: Aman is still awake?

Avni feels something is weird as she can hear the sound of opening and closing the drawers. Avni moves back and saw from the window. She frowns to see that Aman is restless and finding something in his clothes in the cupboard. He opened the drawer of the cupboard and was finding something he closes that in anger and turns. Avni hides. Aman came to the bed and tries to find his phone in his pockets. Avni saw his hands are shaking and he is dialling a number.