Storm of love

Chapter 129:

It was the time of the morning, the birds were chirping and hovering over the Khanna mansion. The noises disturbed Neil's sleep and Avni also got up so Neil's sleep got disturbed as he was missing her warmth. Neil stirs in sleep and he lays on his back and his legs were twisted on the left side. He again turns his side and tried to touch Avni but Avni was not there. Neil moved his hand further but no use. Neil frowns and he opened his eyes slightly but shut them again because of the intensity of the light. Neil wiped his eyes and after a few attempts, he opened his eyes. Neil saw Avni is not beside him. Neil looked here and there then he sat.

Neil: where this Avni goes at this morning. She must be in the kitchen. God, this girl.

Neil ruffles his hair.

On the other side,  Avni was preparing breakfast. She goes to get the boxes by standing near the counter. Someone was looking at her. Avni comes to the stove and was cutting the onion. She feels someone is looking at her when she turns her face no one was there. Avni frowns. She shrugs off her thought and shook her head by cutting the onion then she goes to the other side to wash the tomatoes. Someone was coming to her and she was unaware of that.

Avni was busy with her work and suddenly someone hugged her from behind. Avni flinched and the tomatoes falls from the vessel on the counter and into the sink. Neil kept his chin at Avni's shoulder. Avni saw him. She took a deep breath by closing her eyes.

Avni: Neil. Neil, you scared me.

Neil: why? Who else can hug my wife like this? Anyone has the dare to touch you?

Avni smiled.

Neil: If anyone tried to touch my wife, I will kill that person.

Avni smiled, she cups Neil's cheeks with on hand and slightly shook his face.

Avni: ok my possessive Khanna.

Avni kissed his cheek. Neil smiled. Avni collects the tomatoes while smiling.

Neil: by the way, madam, what are you doing here?

Avni: I am preparing breakfast.

Neil: where is Bheema Di?

Avni: she is on leave.

Neil: oh.

Avni said while freeing herself from Neil's grip.

Avni: now leave me, I have to prepare breakfast.

Avni goes to the other side and starts peeling tomatoes. Neil came to her and hugs her from behind. Avni smiled.

Avni: did you sleep well last night?

Neil: yes, it was so peaceful. I didn't think that I will sleep but I was wrong. I had a good sleep.

Avni smiled.

Neil: and when we are together then I can sleep peacefully anywhere, in any condition.

Avni: really?

Neil: any doubt.

Avni smiled and said no. Neil smiled.

Avni was cutting the tomatoes and Neil holds Avni's hands and starts cutting the tomatoes.

Avni: Neil, what are you doing? You will cut our fingers.

Neil whispered in Avni's ear.

Neil: don't you trust me.

Avni feels a shiver in her body. She closed her eyes. Neil looked at Avni who opened her eyes.