Stole some moments

Chapter 139:

It was daytime, the sun was kissing plants and trees and was trying to peep into Avneil's room from the curtain where Avni was laying on the bed. She slowly sat on the bed and touched her belly. She got more emotional then she thinks. Neil entered the room and he stopped when he looked up. Neil looked at Avni then Neil looked down. Neil again looked at Avni and came to her. Avni saw Neil who was coming to her and sat. Avni moved slightly.

Avni: Ne, Neil, Maddy Bua.

Neil cupped her face and Avni kept her hand on his hand.

Neil: ssshhhh. Calm down. I talked to Bua and she had gone. Bebe, mom, the whole family is with us. Our baby will be with us, you just calm down. Don't take stress, it is not good for you and our baby.

Avni: our baby will not go anywhere, right?

Neil: of course not, it is our baby and it will stay with us.

Avni nods while crying. Neil hugged her and Avni closed her eyes. Neil caressed her hair and kissed her hair near her ear. The tears roll from Avni's eyes.

On the other side, in the living area, Shweta was keeping the empty cup on the tray. Bebe was standing there.

Bebe: are you angry with me?

Shweta cleans the table.

Shweta: why would I?

Bebe: then why your face is swollen? You are angry with me on this baby's matter, right?

Shweta kept the cloth on the table and got up.

Shweta: yes, I am. Because what not Maddy Jiji said but you did not say a single word to her.

Bebe nods by looking down.

Shweta: her demand was useless but you did not utter a single word. You could say that it is Neil and Avni's child how can you ask this but no, you did not say anything.

Shweta got emotional.

Shweta: Bebe, today you hurt me very much, I didn't expect that from you. You always stand for the right but today, today you did wrong by staying silent. You did wrong.

Bebe: you are right. Today, I remained silent. Your that point is also valid that Maddy's demand was useless. I admit, she was wrong and I should stop her but you see, Shweta, she was thinking as a mother, she wanted her daughter's happiness.

Shweta: but that doesn't mean that she will try to snatch another's child.

Bebe: you are right but I am her mother and I can understand her pain.

Shweta: so she will give pain to others. You understand her pain but what about Avni? We all witnessed her pain, her suffering.

Bebe: I know and when did I take Maddy's side?

Shweta: but you also did not say anything to her.

Bebe: because I knew that the great wall of the Khanna family, the Shweta Khanna will handle the situation.

Shweta looked away. Bebe came to her and holds her arms.

Bebe: I am proud of you, Shweta. As a mother, I understood her pain and got weak but you stood with your daughter and proved that a mother-in-law can also become a mother if she accepts her daughter-in-law as her own daughter.

Shweta smiled emotionally.

Shweta: I learned it from you. Today, what I am, it is because of you.

They smiled. She was not good at English. Bebe became her tutor when ladies made fun of her. But Shweta loves to break the legs of the English when she was in the mood. Bebe hugged her.

On the other side, Neil was laying in the fowler position. Avni was in his arms. Neil kept away the hair from her face then he kissed her forehead. Neil smiled to see her. Avni's eyes were closed.

Neil: Avni?

Avni: what?

Neil: what kind of kid you were in your childhood. Shy or the naughty one.

Avni opened her eyes and she looked up at Neil.

Avni: by seeing my face, do you think that I was a shy kid?

Neil smiled. He kept away the hair from her face.

Neil: so you were the naughty one.

Avni: naughty?

Avni sat.

Avni: I was the head of our gang. Me, Aman and Riya, we always do something. Arnav Bhai was calm.

Avni kept her hair behind her ear in excitement.

Avni: You know, I and Riya always escaped and Aman got caught and Papa scolds him then I come as an angel and saves him from scolding.

Neil smiled to see her. Avni forgot about Maddy.

Avni: once, I eat the Kheer and Aman got trapped.

Neil smiled.

Neil: how?

Avni: I ate the Kheer then I realised that I finished the whole bowl. I got worried then an idea popped up in my mind and I went to Aman's room. He was sleeping.

Avni said while laughing: I made his moustache with the milk and

Neil smiled: what?

Avni nods while laughing. Neil also laughed. Avni tried to control her laugh and was panting.

Neil: you were that much naughty?

Avni: this is nothing. The real fun was when I and Papa teamed up.

Neil was amazed.

Neil: Papa?

Avni: Yes. We both were partners in crime. We were used to steal mango from the trees.

Neil: what?

Avni nods.

Avni: yes.

Avni: once.

Avni was telling him the stories and they were laughing. Neil was happy to see Avni happy.

They laughed.

Neil: you were too much.

Avni: I was. You say, what kind of kid you were?

Neil: Guess?

Avni: you must be a naughty kid.

Neil: you guessed it right?

Avni was amazed.

Avni: really?

Neil: yes. There was not a single day when anyone would not have come to our home to complain about me. Neighbours, relatives, all got that honour.

They chuckled.

Neil: you know, I had destroyed mom's numerous makeup kits.

Avni was surprised.

Avni: what?

Neil: yes. I go to her room and applied her makeup.

Avni laughed.

Avni: do you have pictures?

Neil: yes, mom must have those pictures. I will show you one day. Right now she must be busy.

Avni: ok. Tell me more.

Neil told her the stories and Avni too remembered something and she also tell him. They were talking and laughing. They forgot about Maddy but till when they will run from that thing. It will hunt them until the baby will come into their lives or Kareena refused Maddy.