Toughest phase of life

Chapter 109:

At the time of the day, people were coming and going to the hospital. Some got the good news, some got the bad news, some were happy, some were in deep grief, and one of them was Avneil who was going through a tough time in their lives.

In one of the rooms, Avni was admitted and Neil was standing beside Avni. Neil caressed her hair and kissed her forehead.

Neil: how are you, Avni?

No response.

Neil: Avni?

No response. Neil was looking at her. He wondered why she is not saying anything. Neil carefully sat beside her and holds her hand in his hands.

Neil: Avni?

Avni looked at him.

Avni: when will I get discharged?

Neil was looking at her. He looked down.

Neil: Avni, our, our baby, our baby...

Avni: I know, it's gone.

Neil looked at her shockingly.

Neil: You know?

Avni: I am not a fool, I understand everything and am well aware of my present condition.

Neil was looking at her. Neil could not hold himself anymore. He was already devastated and Avni's this strange behaviour is crushing his heart. Neil hugs her and cries. Neil hides his face in her neck and cries. He wanted her support and also wanted to break her because he knew if she will not cry and hold that storm in her heart then this grief will kill her. Avni holds his back and ruffles his hair with a second hand.

Neil: our baby, Avni.

Avni's face was emotionless. She was consoling Neil by ruffling his hair. Neil sobs, he looked up at Avni after some time Avni wipes his tears.

Avni: don't cry, wherever our baby is, it will surely not like it.

Neil was looking at Avni astonishingly and sat.

Avni: I want to go home.

Neil remains silent. He wipes his tears and face.

Avni: I don't want to live here.

Neil sighs.

Neil: Avni, you can't go home now, you should stay here for at least two days. You should be under observation.

Avni: I am fine.

Neil: Avni, try to understand. You are weak now.

Avni: If I stay here for some more time then I will get mad. The veins of my brain will blast. Please take me from here.

Neil: ok fine, we will go today but you have to stay here at least till evening.

Avni nodded and closed her eyes. Neil was looking at her emotionally.

Neil came out and was lost. The family saw him and came to him.

Shweta: how is Avni?

Neil looked at her.

Shweta: Tillu, I am asking you something.

Prakash: Shweta.

Shweta looked at him. Prakash sighed her to relax.

Prakash: Neil, what happened?

Neil: Mom, I lost my Avni.

They were confused. Neil goes to the bench and sat, he was crying. Neil looked at them.