Worse condition

Chapter 37:

It was the time of the late-night, Neil was still in the hospital. He took the responsibility of Avni so he did not go home. Neil was sitting in his cabin by leaning to his chair. Neil was in deep thinking and the flashes of his and Avni's moment from the first meeting till their engagement and then the confrontation. Neil sighs.

On the other side, Neela maa was sleeping she saw a dream where all the family members were crying on the one side by wearing a white dress and on the other side, Riya and Avni were sitting together and smiling to see each other and was happy they get up and was going. Neela maa wakes up and shouts Avni's name. She was panting. Ashish was sitting on the couch and saw her he comes to her.

Ashish: what happened?

Nm: I, I saw a dream that Avni...

She cries.

Nm: Avni is not fine. My heart is saying that she is in danger. Please call Neil and ask him.

Ashish: Neela, it is too late. We will go tomorrow.

Neela maa shook her head.

Nm: I want to go now.

Ashish: try to understand, Neela, it is too late.

Nm: I don't know anything. I want my daughter back. This all is happening because of you. I told you many times that don't say hurtful words to her but you did not listen now see what has happened. I am telling you Ashish if something happened to her then I will not forgive you. Never.

Ashish was looking at her. She cries and Ashish consoles her.

On the other side, Neil was sitting in his cabin.

Neil: I should check Avni once.

Neil got up and was going to ICU. A nurse was there but still, he was going there from time to time. Neil was in the corridor and saw a nurse is coming out of the ICU and is looking worried.

Neil: what happened?

Nurse: thank God, doctor you are here. The patient is sinking.

Neil shocked. Neil goes inside and saw Avni's Condition is very bad she was shaking. Neil goes to her and checks her pulse. Neil saw the machines and was shocked.

Neil: call Doctor Karan fast.

She nods and goes. The alarm rang and another nurse entered. Neil looks at the medicines and was finding something but he was Confused and his hands with shaking. Neil rubs his temple. Neil picks a small bottle and looks at it. His vision was blurred.

Nurse: Doctor, it is to reduce pain.

Neil looks at her then at the bottle. The doctor came and the other three Doctors were with him. Neil looks at them and moves backwards. Neil is one of the best doctors and surgeons but right now he can't treat Avni. Treating a stranger is a different thing but seeing your family and loved one in that condition is a different thing.

Avni's condition was getting worse and machines sounds were echoing in the room which was indicating the sign of danger. Neil looks at the machine which was showing that her heart is skipping beats. Neil was shocked to see that. Doctors were trying their best. Avni stopped shaking. Neil heard the sound of the machine he looks at the machine and it was showing a straight line. Neil was shocked. He looks at Avni and the Doctors were looking at him.

Doctor: time of death 02:35 am.

Neil heard that he looks at him and then he looks at Avni. Neil was numb he felt like his feet are frozen. He was feeling that his body is shaking. Neil was looking at Avni.

Neil wakes up by shouting Avni's name and was panting. Neil looks here and there and realized he is in his cabin and it was his dream. Neil wipes his mouth and sweat. Neil picks the glass with shaking hands and drinks. Neil was panting. Neil sighs and catches his hair. Neil thinks

Neil: I should check her.

Neil gets up and was going to ICU and a nurse comes out fastly and to see her, Neil's heart sinks as she came exactly like she came out in his dream.

Neil: what happened?

Nurse: Thank God, doctor you are here. The patient...

Neil did not hear further and goes inside and is shocked to see Avni. Her eyelids were moving. Neil smiles. Avni opens her eyes slowly and again closes them.

Neil: Avni.

Neil goes near her. Avni opens her eyes and her vision was blurred she looks here and there and saw a person she frowns and closes her eyes to clear the vision then slowly she can saw Neil who was smiling.

Avni: Gorilla?

Neil gives her a look but deep inside in his heart, he was happy to hear that. He was craving to hear her voice

Neil: you are laying on the bed of the hospital but still you can't sit quietly.

Avni smiles faintly.

Neil: how are you feeling now?

Avni nods.

Avni: Neil.

Neil keeps the finger on his lips.

Neil: ssshhhh. You are still not cured so keep quiet and take a rest. I am going to call the doctor.

Avni: then who are you? Are you not a doctor?

Neil gives her a look.

Neil: you are impossible. He is handling your case that's why I said that.

Avni smiles.

Neil checks her pulse and saw the machines. Avni was lost she recalls her accident and realised that she is in the hospital.

Neil: Are you feeling pain or something else?

Avni nods.

Avni: my head is spinning.

Neil: it will happen for someday but don't worry you will be fine soon.

Avni: Neil, how is my family?

Neil: they are fine but all were worried for you.

Avni: where are they?

Neil: I send them home.

Avni: and they went?

Avni got hurt. She at least wants them to stay for her at this time.

Neil: they did not want to go but I insisted on them and it is 3:15 am People are not allowed here and it is my hospital so they go because of me. They will come in the morning, don't worry.

Avni nods but she thinks and Neil understands that she is hurt. Avni closes her eyes.

In the time of the morning, the Mehta family was present in the room where Avni had shifted. Neela maa was sitting she kisses Avni's hand which was covered with a bandage. Avni smiles. Neil was happy to see that. Ashish comes into the room and Avni's smile faded. Neil looks at her. Ashish looks down and here and there.

Ashish: how are you?

Avni nods.

Avni: fine.

Ashish nods. She was looking at him and trying to understand that he is guilty or still angry with her. Neil was looking at her.

Neil in mind: Avni was right. It is not easy to break this wall. After all this, still, papa is behaving cold. It is really tough to make him realise the reality.

Neil thinks and looks at Avni who was looking at Ashish. Aman comes and sits with Avni and side hugs her she cups his face.

Neil in mind: she loves him very much. She took the blame on herself to save him, she agreed to marry me just for him. How can someone love this much to a person?

Avni and Aman were looking at each other and smiles. They touched faces. All were happy to see Avni fine. They were feeling that they got their life back.