One more attack

Chapter 61:

It was the time of the evening, Neil comes to the kitchen and stopped at the door he saw Avni is making tea she was wearing a saree. Neil was staring at her by keeping the hands in his pocket. Avni saw the sugar is not in the jar so she goes to the cabinet and finds the sugar she tried to get that but no use. Neil smiles. Avni pulls the stool and stands on it and tries to pick the large box. Avni stumbles, Neil was shocked he runs to help her and catches her in his arms before she falls. Avni looks at Neil and their eye looked they were looking in the eyes of each other and were lost in the moment.

Avni breaks the eye lock and Neil looks down. Neil helped her to get down. Avni was feeling awkward but Neil was blushing. Both were looking here and there.

Avni: thank, thank you.

Neil nods.

Neil: you should call me for help. What do you need?

Avni points up then she looks down.

Avni: Sugar.

Neil nods and picks that he puts that on the slab. Avni heard the sound and turns her face she was shocked to see the tea and runs there. Avni off the stove and sighs. Avni was making tea and Neil was staring at her by leaning to another slab. Avni was getting conscious. She looks at Neil then she looks away. Neil smiles.

Avni in mind: what happened to him suddenly? Why he is staring at me like this?

Avni looks at Neil and his eyes were on her. Avni looks away but Neil was enjoying that.

Avni: ab, tea is ready you go, I am coming.

Neil smirks.

Neil: why do I go? We can have it here.

Avni: it will be comfortable in the room.

Neil: then we can go together.

Avni was picking the tray.

Neil: Wait, let me help you.

Neil comes to her and picks the cup one by one by leaning to Avni. Avni's breathe stopped when Neil body touched her back. Neil keeps one hand on the counter. Neil's breathe was spelling magic on Avni. Avni closes her eyes and her breath was uneven. Neil closed his eyes and smelt her scent. Neil moved back because he knew that Avni is still unaware of her and his feeling so he moves back and goes to pour the tea into the cup. Avni opens her eyes and goes to pick the plate and fill snacks in it. Avni was still shivering.

Neil: I think, my phone is ringing. I am going, you bring it.

Neil goes while smiling because he made this excuse. Avni released her breathe. She sighed deeply. Avni keeps the hand on her heart and her eyes were closed.

Avni: what is happening to me? Why does his closeness effects me?

Avni thinks.

Avni comes to the room where Neil was sitting on the bed by keeping a cushion on his lap. Neil looked at Avni and sits properly. Avni keeps the tray on the table and Neil also comes there and sits. Avni looked at Neil and smiles to see him. They were enjoying the tea and snacks silently. Neil sips the tea by looking at Avni then he looks down.

Neil: you know, I never thought that we will live like this in another city.

Avni was sipping her tea she frowns.

Neil: I mean normally we live in hotels when we go somewhere.

Avni nods while gulping the tea.

Avni: true but many things happen the first time in life.

Neil: true.

Neil shows the cup to her. Avni smiles. Both forwards the hand to take the snacks and their hands touched. Avni and Neil looked at each other their eyes locked. Avni looks down and takes her hand back. Neil also takes his hand back. Avni sips her coffee in awkwardness.

Avni: ab tomorrow, I will be busy in preparation today is their function my team will handle that but tomorrow, I will be in the Palace almost the whole day.

Neil nods.

Neil: when this project will end?

Avni: my work will end the day after tomorrow but Mr Rajput invites me to the wedding though I did not want to go but he insisted. So, I... means we have to go.

Neil: oh ok.

Avni: did you have an outfit for the wedding?

Neil frowns.

Neil: why?

Avni: what do you mean by why? What you will wear?

Neil: why I will wear it?

Avni: you will not come with me? He invited you also.

Neil: what?

Avni: yes, what I said earlier, "we have to go". We.

Neil: I thought, you are talking about your team.

Avni: No, Mr Rajput invited you also.

Neil looks at her.

Avni: so, you have an outfit?

Neil: no, I did not bring any. How I would know that they will invite me.

Avni: now?

Neil: don't worry, tomorrow you are busy so I will go shopping.

Avni: are you sure?

Neil: yes. What else will I do here?

Avni: ok. Sorry, you came here for me and I am not giving you time.

Neil: nothing is like that and stop being formal, I am not your friend whom you met after ages, I am your husband so chill. Relax.

Avni smiles, Neil smiles to see her.

Neil: but please be careful only that shooter is arrested but the mastermind is still roaming freely. I will come there after shopping but till then be careful. Don't take anything from strangers and don't eat anything without confirmation. And...

Avni: Neil, chill. Stop behaving like mamma, I am not a kid.

Neil makes a face then he smiles and said OK.

The next day, Avni was walking on the lawn of the Palace and looking at the preparations. She calls a man and tells him to do some changes. The man nods and goes. Avni was checking the arrangement and the phone beeped she saw the message and was shocked.

Avni read: what you think that you will make my shooter catch then everything will be fine. No, you are wrong. By the way, your husband loves you a lot that's why, he came after you here to... die.

Avni was shocked. She gets a message and saw the video where Neil is standing in the shop and looking at the outfit.

Avni's phone rings she picks the call instantly.

Man: one trigger and game over.

Avni was shocked.

Man: you have 10 seconds to make your decision.

Avni was afraid.

Man: ticktock, ticktock. Ticktock, ticktock.

Avni looks around.

Man: time up. Say bye to your husband.

Avni heard the gunshot.

Avni shouts, Neilllll.

All look at her. The phone drops from her hand. Avni was standing at her place. The memories engulfed her and were roaming in her mind.

What will happen? Just now Neil realised his love, will Neil get saved or something will happen that will separate Avneil.