Distances

Chapter 70:

It was the time of the morning, the sun was shining over Khanna mansion. Inside it, the Khanna family was sitting at the dining table and having breakfast.

Shweta: Avni, what is your plan for Kareena and Aman's wedding. From whose side, you are?

Avni and Neil looked at her. Neil looked at Avni she looked at her plate and stirs her spoon.

Avni: I am going to a workshop for one week the day after tomorrow.

Everyone was shocked.

Bebe: what?

Shweta: how can you go? Aman's wedding is in two weeks.

Avni: I know, Mummy ji but I am invited to that workshop in London before that and it is a big achievement for me so I have to go.

Shweta: I understand but.

Prakash: relax Shweta, wedding is after two weeks and her workshop is of one week so she will come before that. Right Avni?

Avni nods.

Neil: she will directly go somewhere else to handle a project.

Neil eats a morsel. Avni looked at him.

Bebe: what? we understand your work but that doesn't mean you will ignore the relations. Work can never be important than family.

Avni looked down. Neil looked at her.

Bebe: did you think about what will happen when people will not see you at your brother's wedding.

Avni: I know, Bebe and I am sorry.

Shweta: now what is this, Avni?

Avni: Mummy Ji, I took that project one month ago and Aman's wedding date is decided yesterday. I did not know about that.

Shweta: but we told you yesterday about it you should tell us. Can we talk to the Mehta family for a date extension?

Avni: no, no Mummy Ji, please don't do this. Already a lot of drama had happened so let it be. Let this wedding happen. It's ok. In fact, it is good. It will be good for everyone if I stay away from this marriage because if I stay there then every day there will be a new drama. Maddy Bua is angry with me whenever she sees me she will say something and it will lead to a fight so it will be better I stay away from this marriage. I should go from here for some time. I just want to request you all please don't say anything to my family until I go from here, please.

Bebe looks away. Neil feels bad for Avni he wanted to stop her but things went wrong.

Avni: please.

Bebe: do what you want.

Bebe eats. Shweta and Prakash looked at each other.

Shweta: can't you send someone else for this project.

Avni: Mummy ji, it is a big project. One mistake will ruin my reputation so I have to go myself to monitor that.

Shweta: what shall I say, now.

Avni looked down at her plate. Neil looked at her. Avni thinks.

Avni made herself busy in the work and did not attend the calls of anyone from the Mehta family even she did not talk to Neil she came home late and sleeps after having dinner with Neil and goes earlier.

Avni was standing at the airport. Neil comes there. Avni was surprised to see him.

Avni: you here?