Tough time

Chapter 54:

The hospital had shown where a car stopped outside it in the parking area. A girl gets down from the car and smiles to see the hospital. She goes to the hospital. The girl was passing from the corridor and the staff was surprised to see her and greets her. She smiled and nods her head she goes to the cabin.

Neil was sitting in his cabin and reading the file. He heard the knock on the door and the door opened.

Person: may I come in, Doctor?

Neil was surprised to hear the voice and looks up. Neil was looking at the person it was Avni. Neil could not believe his eyes. Neil smiled to see her. Avni was smiling.

Neil: Avni.

Neil gets up from the chair.

Avni: may I come in?

Neil: stop it.

They smile.

Neil: come.

Avni comes inside and they sit.

Avni: Surprised?

Neil smiles.

Neil: I am actually surprised to see you.

Avni: I was free so thought to come here and have lunch together. Busy?

Neil: not at all? Just checking the files. Give me five minutes then we will go to the canteen.

Avni: ok. I hope your canteen's food is not that boring hospital's food.

Neil smiled.

Neil: no, you will get the good food.

Avni said OK while smiling. Neil was checking the file and Avni was adoring him. Neil feels that and looked up, Avni instantly looks away. Neil frowns and looks at his file.

After 15 minutes, Neil closed the file.

Neil: let's go.

Avni said OK and Neil kept the file at the side. They get up and go.

Avni and Neil were sitting in the canteen. Neil looks around and all were looking at them like they came from another planet. Avni also feels that.

Avni: Neil, do I have horns on my head?

Neil frowns and asked what while smiling.

Avni: no, I mean everyone is looking at us like we are aliens or horns grew on our head.

Neil smiles.

Neil: Actually, first time, you came here after our marriage that's why they are looking at us like this.

Avni shook her head.

Neil: it is so embarrassing.

Avni: I am sorry, I should not come here.

Neil: No. Nothing is like that. In fact, I am happy to see you here. I am glad that you took out time from your schedule and came here. It means a lot, Avni. I know how busy your schedule is. So, please don't say sorry.

Avni smiles. The order came.

Neil: Hmm.

Avni and Neil were having lunch.

Neil: By the way, how is your work going?

Avni: It is good. Next week, I am going to Rajasthan, Jaipur for a marriage event.

Neil was shocked to hear that. It is the first time after their marriage that Avni is going somewhere. Neil's heart was getting heavy.

Neil: what?