Do and Die situation

Chapter 152:

It was the daytime. People were going and coming out of the building. It was a hospital where Neil, the Khanna and the Mehta family were standing in the corridor.

The doctor came out. Neil and others looked at her. Neil was shaking inside. The doctor came to Neil and others also came. Neil was looking at the doctor and was worried.

Neela maa: what happened, Doctor?

Neil looked at Neela maa and then he looked at the doctor. The doctor also turned her face to Neil.

Doctor: Doctor Neil, Avni has fainted.

Neil and others were shocked. Shweta cupped her face.

Neil: Do, doctor Prachi, before also she fainted in the car, you, you, sprinkle some water on her face. She will wake up.

Doctor: Doctor Neil, we have tried every possible effort but because of labour pain, she has fainted and the problem is now we can't wait for any more. It can be risky for both of them.

Neil was shocked.

Doctor: We don't have any other option. We have to do the c-section.

Neil and others were shocked.

Neil: but she is unconscious what if she woke up during the c-section?

Doctor: what are you saying, Doctor Neil? you are also a doctor, you better know what we do in this condition.

Neil looked down and rubbed his forehead.

Neil: I, I, am...

Neil sighed.

Neil: I am not understanding anything right now.

Doctor: I understand. But please make a fast decision.

Neil's eyes filled with tears.

Neil talks in a low voice.

Neil: but it is her seventh month.

Everyone felt bad for Neil.

Doctor: I know but some things are not in our hands. I already told you about it that we will have to do a c-section.

Neil was looking at her.

Doctor: Please, doctor Neil, make a quick decision and also tell us that if the situation will be like where we have to save anyone then whom you want to save.

Neil was shocked.

Doctor: you think. I am coming in five minutes.

Neil: no need to go anywhere.

The doctor and others were looking at Neil.

Neil: do a c-section.

Everyone was looking at Neil.

Doctor: and about the baby?

Neil: save my wife.

Everyone got emotional. The doctor smiled and nodded. Neil was looking at the doctor.

Doctor: I will try to save both. I will do my best.

Neil was looking at her. The doctor goes. Neil looked down.

Flashback:

1. Avni squeezed her eyes. She talked with difficulty.

Avni: if... if, (Avni took her breath) doctor asks you... (Avni was panting) to, to choose one... then... you choose baby.

Neil was shocked.

2. Avni squeezed her eyes. She was panting.

Avni: Pro, promise me, Neil th, that you. will. Choose. Our... ba, baby.