Engagement

Chapter 29:

A venue was set with curtains and the function was in the daytime so there was no lightning. It was decorated with curtains and flowers and was giving a decent look just like Avni and Neil likes. The theme was sky blue colour and white and flowers were also of that colours.

The Khanna family came there and Neil was wearing blue Sherwani he was impressed with the theme even the Khanna family liked it but one person made a face.

Maddy: how cheap?

Neil looks at her.

Maddy: Avni herself is an event planner and her engagement theme is so cheap and down class. Mehta's are so stingy.

Neil: stingy?

All look at Neil.

Neil: sorry to say bua but this theme is not low class. It is decent and classic and I and Avni choose this theme as we wanted a decent theme that looks good. And you know me I like simple things, not glittering. And about stingy then we and Mehta's had decided that we would share whatever the cost would be so there is no point in saying all these things because we are not stingy.

Maddy: did you see, Bebe? How he is talking to me? They didn't get married yet and Avni made him away from us.

Neil gives her are you serious look.

Maddy: that day is not away when she will take him away from all of us and we will just see that. Mark my words.

Shweta: but Maddy Jiji, you were the one who wanted Avni and Neil's marriage and now you are saying this all. Isn't it strange?

Maddy had no reply.

Shweta: and this all is happening because of you, you forced them to marry and now when they are happy with this alliance then you are trying to create a wall between them, trying to ignite the fire between them.

Neil closes his eyes and grins his teeth as things were going out of control.

Maddy: you mean to say I am the enemy of my nephew's happiness.

Shweta: I didn't say that. Your acts are saying this and about Avni's taking Neil away from us then she is not like that and if by chance it happens then you will be responsible for that because all this is happening because of you.

Maddy was about to reply.

Bebe: enough, now no more argument. Today is Neil's engagement and you both are fighting what if anyone heard us, what if Mehta's heard us what they will think? And you, Maddy, Mehta's are Kareena's in-laws, respect them. Relations are made by respect and love if you try to keep them under your feet then only you will fall when it slips from under your feet. Mark my words.

Maddy looks down. Neil saw some guests are coming.

Neil: Bebe.

Neil sighs. They smile and goes to welcome them.

Late, Mehta's come there and both families greet each other.

Bebe: where is Avni?

Neela maa: She is coming with Sonia.

Bebe nods.

Bebe: go Neil and get your bride.

Neil looks down and smiles. All smiles.

Shweta: go.

Neil nods and goes. When Neil came outside he looks for Avni he hears the sound of bangles he turns and didn't saw anyone there was a turning and he saw someone is coming he looks up and lost to see Avni.