Chapter 63

Chapter 63

    Searching for information about it on the star network, Zhuangjiu found that although red-footed tortoises were very common in ancient planets, there are not many people who breed them now.

    No, no one breeds it now, because for today's people, the red-footed tortoise is already a first-class protected animal, and you can only see it in zoos in various cities.

    The reason for this can be traced back to 1,000 years ago. At that time, the planet had ushered in a very serious species extinction because of the endless deforestation and the random discharge of sewage. Nearly more than half of the animals and insects died because of this, and many already endangered species went extinct directly.

    And the red-footed tortoise was almost extinct at that time.

    Fortunately, it didn't take long for the alliance at that time to finally find the problem. After trying to remedy it, a zoo was established in various parts of the city, funded by the alliance, and there were rescued endangered animals, and the red-footed tortoise was One of them, even bleak, was left with only the last few hundred.

    I just don't know which zoo the one in front of Zhuang Jiu came from.

    After a rough reference to the zoo and the general method of raising tortoises in ancient planets, Zhuang Jiu decided to build a turtle house with a length and width of about 7mX5m for the tortoises. In addition to the stones and mud that the tortoises like, she also had to choose some that did not mutated weeds into it.

    Although it is a tortoise, Zhuangjiu also considered that a small door must be opened on the side of the turtle house or directly connected to it, and a pond will be built next to it, so that it can usually take a bath in the water.     Even small ponds can quickly become problematic if there are no pumps etc. to keep the water flowing. After thinking about the location of the big pond, Zhuang Jiu thought it would be better to put the small pond next to the big pond.     So now comes the problem...the big pond is not built yet!     After thinking quietly for a while, seeing Lu Gui crawling happily on the ground, Zhuang Jiu decided to keep everything simple after thinking about it.

    He politely invited the tortoise to the first floor of the villa, Zhuang Jiu opened a door and asked, "I don't know which pot you will like, so I plan to let you choose it first, then go back and add some water and pebbles to it, you can temporarily pretend It’s a small pond.”

    This room is a storage room with dozens of pots, large and small. Most of them are made of ore due to material and storage issues.

    The maximum length of an ordinary red-footed tortoise is only about 45 centimeters, but this is only a mutation. Even if it has been purified by vines, the body length has reached an astonishing 60 centimeters. Zhuangjiu originally thought that these pots should be enough, but now it seems to be a little small.

    "If I don't think it's big enough, I can play one now." Looking at the comparison of body shapes in front of him, Zhuang Jiu couldn't help but speak.

    The tortoise nodded slowly, and then said: "Actually, you don't have to be so concerned about the old man, you don't think I look like a tortoise, but in fact, because of the mutation, I can live directly in the water and the sea. , that's why there are so many barnacle parasites on my back. You just dig a hole and fill it with water, and put a slope so that I can climb up and down freely."

    Zhuang Jiu: ... so this The reason why the red-footed tortoise became what it used to be because it went into the sea after leaving the zoo?

    This statement was more or less outrageous in the past, but now from the perspective of the post-apocalypse, it is also extremely normal. But it said that, and let Zhuang Jiu know that this mutant tortoise would not be drowned by water.