Chapter 10: New Addition

Andres dropped a couple of sandwiches on the table. "Marcy is on leave?"

I nodded and leaned back in my seat. "We decided not to send Rudy to kindergarten. She's going to home-school him for the first year."

He eyed me as he ate his lunch. "I already know it's because the pups have to stay in human form in first grade. "

"Then you can see why we did it."

"You can't protect Rudy forever. The pup is a dominant, and he will have to learn to shift or deal with the comments. They're only going to get worse as he gets older. Not to mention p.e. is sometimes in werewolf form."

"We'll deal with that when we get there. Rudy is five," I stated. "I'm going to protect my five-year-old son and I'm going to continue to protect him when he's a hundred and five. His parents will always be on his side no matter if the boy never learns to shift."

Andreas nodded. "Rightfully so, but there will be a time when he doesn't want you to fight his battles. It's our nature. It comes with the rank. If my dad tried to fight my battles for me growing up, I would have snapped."

"You did," I replied, arching a brow. "Many times."

"For different reasons." He scratched his neck. "Bring Rudy over and we'll try again without the mean old alpha around to demand results." He chuckled.

I shifted in my seat. "I don't enjoy watching my son cry and even if Hector isn't there, I don't think Rudy is ready yet."

"If you don't want to see him cry, teach him how to shift, or he's going to be doing it a lot." He stood. "I'm going to get a drink. Do you want anything?"

I shook my head. "I have water in my bag."

He left, and I slowly took out my lunch. Andreas was right, but that didn't mean I wanted to admit it. Rudy was going to have a few challenges in front of him if he didn't learn to shift.

***

The golden-brown pup laid asleep in her mother's arms.

"She's so small," I whispered. "The boys might crush her."

"I'm sure they'll learn to be careful."

I kissed Marcy's cheek. "She is just as beautiful as her mother."

My mate smiled as a knock sounded on the door.

"Come in."

Andreas and Sunny entered with the boys.

"Daddy!" Rudy ran to me. "We came to see the baby."

Drake went to the bed and tried to climb onto it. I helped both boys up. They knelt on Marcy's legs and stared at the baby.

Rudy frowned. "She has fur, too." The six-year-old slid off the bed and went to sit on the couch.

"Rudy, sweetie." Marcy held out her hand. "Come here, come and say hello to your sister."

He shook his head and faced the wall.

"She's so little, Mommy," said Drake. He gently touched the baby's arms. "Can I hold her?"

I moved Drake so he would hold his sister before going over to sit by Rudy. Andreas and Sunny moved closer to get a better look.

"Rudy?"

"Go away." He moved when I tried to touch him.

"Don't you want to hold the baby?"

"No," he muttered. "I don't want a sister."