Chapter 19: Find Him (Milo)

I never thought I would ever have to blowdry my feet. All this fur was getting to be obnoxious. Right when Collin got back, I was going to have him show me how to shift because I was tired of having to do this every time I took a bath. I rubbed my legs again with a towel. With a sigh, I flopped down on the floor in the bedroom. The rest was going to have to air dry. My back still felt pretty damp, but it wasn't like I could reach it.

There was a knock on the door. I shot up as it opened and panicked when I saw the piles of towels around me. The room was a mess and I was the one responsible for it. I quickly started to gather things up.

Jaze wandered over and put her hand on her hip. "Milo, what are you up?"

"Sorry, ma'am." Lowering my head, I picked up an armful. "I took a shower. I don't know how to shift yet." I shifted my load to keep it from falling.

She laughed. "You poor thing."Jaze picked up the corner of a towel and tossed it to the side. "I'll send someone to clean it up. Right now, I have a surprise for you."

I took that as my cue and dropped the towels by the wall. I moved a couple stray one into the pile.

"Would you like to meet those subs I mentioned?"

"Um..." I swallowed hard. "Collin said he'd—"

"We talked and he said he was fine with it. I told him I'd be with you the entire time."

I couldn't help but smile. It was so exciting. I was going to get to meet other werewolves like me. "Okay. If Collin said it was okay, then I want to meet them."

She led me from the room. The mansion felt rather empty. Then again, it may have alway been this way.

"Um, ma'am?"

"Hmm..." She glanced down at me.

"Where is Miss Arianna?"

"She's still at school."

"Oh, yeah. I guess she usually doesn't come by until later." I hugged my arms around me. My wet fur was causing a chill to run across my skin. "Did she give you the key?"

Jaze nodded. "I asked her where she kept it so I could come and get you." She put her arm around me and pulled me to her side. "This is going to be great for you. It always is nice to be with werewolves who share your rank."

Letting out a deep breath, I went downstairs with her. I stood in the entryway. Jaze kept walking toward the door while I went toward the study.

I pulled back. "Ma'am, I thought they were coming here. I don't know if Collin wants me to leave the house."

"I told him where we were going. Don't worry." She grabbed my hand and gave me a smile. "He was fine with it. I promise."

Bowing my head, I let her take me outside where a black van was waiting. The driver got out and opened the back doors. This wasn't right. Glancing at Jaze, I pulled away.

"Collin was worried someone might see you," said Jaze. "It's so we can keep it a secret that you're leaving the house." She pushed me forward. "You know how he worries."

I faced the dark gray werewolf, holding the door. Scars covered his face and chest. My fur rose up. Shaking my head, I backed up. "I don't want to go, anymore. I want to talk to Collin. I don't think he'll like me leaving the house."

He snatched my wrist and yanked me forward. I yelped and froze as the werewolf bared his teeth at me.

"Get in." He tightened his hold.

Shaking, I did so and crawled to the back wall. I sat down and my tail curled around my leg.

Jaze folded her arms. "I'll contact you after my brother goes through the procedure."