Chapter 29: So Strange (Collin)

I didn't like it. The internet had too many dangerous sites that Milo could enter without even knowing it. These chat rooms were a prime place for scammers to come in and trick him into giving out information. I didn't like it one bit but after reading through the forum, I knew Milo would enjoy interacting with werewolves with a similar rank. Not to mention the sub-forum had some good advice that could help him adjust to life as my mate. He still called me master sometimes. Some of chat rooms were even based on being human-born. Their usernames had their rank and birth type listed underneath it. I ran my hand down my muzzle. It was Jed's fault. He shouldn't have even show Milo the website. That red werewolf was being a bad influence on my mate.

A knock came from the door.

Milo poked his head inside. "Are you coming to bed?"

"Yeah." I clicked into another forum.

He wandered over and stood at my side. "Are you looking at it?"

"Hmm..." I put my arm around his waist. "Did you take a shower?"

Milo nodded.

"You smell good." I glanced at the human. "Shift for me. Ever since Jedrek taught you how to change forms, I rarely get to see my silver mate."

He smiled and bowed his head. "It's not that bad."

"Perhaps." I scrolled down the page.

"Do you not like—"

"No." I kissed him. "Don't start thinking that. I fell in love with you as a human, but I'm also a werewolf. I like seeing you in both forms and I'm partial to my silver werewolf."

Pushing his shorts to the floor, Milo shifted. I couldn't help but smile at the beautiful creature. I pulled him into my lap and kept looking through the site. I still needed to find a good reason why Milo couldn't make an account. He let out a sigh and snuggled into my fur. I glanced at the boy in my arms to find him falling asleep.

"They wore you out today?"

"I guess," he whispered. "I didn't feel tired until just now."

I hugged him to me. "It's probably my scent."

"Werewolves are so strange." He yawned. "Being one has messed with my head."

"We're more animal-like than humans."

"Yeah." His fingers ran across the scar on his shoulder.

I leaned down and kissed it.

Milo flinched and let out a shaky breath. "It feels weird."

"I haven't marked you in over a week. Maybe it telling us something."

"My mom and sister are here. It would be awkward if they heard us doing that."

"What about me, though?" I nuzzled his cheek.

He looked at me confused. "Earlier, didn't we?"

"Did you think a few kisses is enough for me?" I place little pecks around his face.

"No," breathed Milo. "I guess not. Jedrek says Axil can't keep his hands off him so I'm thinking it comes with the rank."

I sat him up and peered into his eyes. "This." I kissed his scar which made the boy shiver. "Every time I see it, I'm reminded you are my mate. You are the one I am bonded to for life and inside, I get his overwhelming feeling of happiness. I can't help but want to touch you and reconfirm that bond."

He put his arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. "I get the same feeling when you hold me close and your scent surrounds me."

I chuckled and kissed the side of his head. "Werewolves are a little strange when you think about it."