Chapter 44: Little Rebel (Jed)

My eyes opened when I heard the creaking of the door. I watched as the black werewolf went to the other compartment of the airplane. A round of cheers followed and some of his men slapped him on the back. I sunk into the bed as the door closed. It was done. I touched the teeth marks and traced each one. My headache was gone, but a different ache was coming from a bit lower.

I pulled myself upright and was surprised that I didn't feel gross. The blankets were different and I was pretty sure Axil had wiped me down. He was a nice enough guy, strict, and annoying, but nice, for a disgusting werewolf at least. Groaning, I rubbed my face. I had joined the ranks. I was now a traitor to my own kind. Hide would be kicking himself for not killing me once he found out.

Easing myself out of bed, I staggered to the bathroom. My back wasn't having it. It took me a minute to work out some kinks before I could stand properly. After using the bathroom, I stepped into the small shower. A simple wipe down wasn't enough for me. I used some of the soap in the container on the wall to wash up. My hand found its way to my mating bite. I rested my forehead on the tile. What had I done? I sat up straight. I wasn't going to feel sorry for myself. A werewolf had more power and capability than a human to lead a rebellion. I could still achieve my goal in secret. Groaning, I roughly scrubbed my face. I just wanted my parents to accept me into the family again.

Turning off the water, I took a towel from the rank and dried off. I went back to the bedroom to find Axil waiting.

"I heard the water turn on." He offered me a stack of clothes. "I brought these for you."

"Thanks." I took them from him and put them on the bed. It was back to the man-skirt and robe. Not surprised. Axil was going to let his official mate be seen in slave clothes. I pulled on the skirt.

"Are you feeling okay?"

With a sigh, I straddled his legs, feeling beyond pathetic and annoyed with myself. "It's hard okay. I've hated your kind all my life, but my family..." I rested my head on his shoulder. "They're all going to be werewolves soon." I sat up and looked into his eyes. "The thing I hate and love the most are the same. Does that make sense?"

He nodded and fought not to smile. "Just because you have this"—he touched my scar— "doesn't mean you're not the same obnoxious, headstrong, stubborn rebel I found in that warehouse. I've always known mating you wasn't going to change a thing, pup."

I groaned and tried to climb off. "Don't call me that."

Axil hugged me to him. "Throwing tantrums just like a pup."

"I'm going to punch you in the face."

He grinned at me. "I can take it." He nuzzled my neck. "I can take whatever you throw at me."

***

Axil led me down the stairs by the hand. For once the reporters were not being held back. They surrounded the car that was waiting for us. Axil waved and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Did you announce it already?" I asked.

"I called Judah. He must have left the press know." He took me to the car and opened the door.

I climbed inside.

"You're going to be all over those gossip shows you like."

I scoffed at him and peered out the tinted windows. Didn't these people have something better to do?

"To the alpha's house, sir?"

Axil nodded. "Yes, I'm sure Judah wants to make sure I wasn't lying."

I rolled my eyes. "He better not go anywhere near my ass."

"No one's going anywhere near your ass," laughed Axil. "That's just for me." He put his hand on my thigh.