Chapter 13: A Visitor (Collin)

I glanced up from my tablet to see Milo sitting on the couch. His head was cocked back as he stared at the TV. He had a confused look on his face like he didn't completely understand what was going on. I tried not to smile. He was adorable in the robe I bought him with matching shorts. Milo would make the perfect sub. The women would fawn over him. Hell, I was doing it a bit myself.

Clicking on a new tab, I went back to the clothing shop that specializes in sub sizes. They were such a unique kind of werewolf. I clicked on my cart. I had a few items saved already. My mother had been upset with what I had bought already. It wasn't proper for a human to be wearing clothes meant for werewolves. She'd throw a fit if she found out Milo didn't have a collar on.

My eyes traveled over to the thin gold band. I hadn't take it off and I doubted Milo would ever do it himself. I cursed to myself and pushed back of my head fur. I was letting myself get carried away. I was already behind with my work and if I didn't focus, it was only going to get worse.

Milo was sneaking peeks toward me. "Is something wrong, sir?"

I shook my head and leaned back in my chair. "No. I'm finding it hard to focus."

His head snapped to the TV and back to the desk. "Sorry."

"I can barely hear it." I motioned to the screen.

Bowing his head, Milo picked at his fingernails. "Did my new collar come?"

"Nope," I replied quickly and went back to work. "Maybe next week."

With a sigh, Milo flopped over. Was that consider giving me attitude? I tried not to laugh. If it was and I said anything, I'm sure Milo would take it as extreme disobedience and freak out.

A knocked sounded.

Milo sat up. "Should I get, sir?"

I groaned. "I guess."

The human climbed to his feet and hurried over. He opened the door. His eyes grew wide and the color drained from his face. Milo immediately bowed his head and shuffled backward. I rose from my seat. No one ever caused Milo to respond like that.

The door pushed open.

My ears folded back and growled at the beta. "Get out."

Axil grinned. "Collin. It's been so long." He walked into the room. "Nice office."

"Get out!" I pointed to the hallway. "Get out of my house!"

Axil shrugged. "My pack."

"Judah's pack," I stated. "This is my estate, my jurisdiction."

"Calm down," muttered Axil. "You've always been so uptight." He glanced at Milo. "Strange. You dress your slaves so formally."

I nearly tripped over my desk as I made a mad dash to get to Milo before Axil could touch him. I slipped between them and hid Milo behind me. "Leave."

"Wow." Axil laughed. "So I'm guessing this one isn't quite a slave." He leaned to the side and looked Milo over. "I don't see the one scar that matters."

Milo pulled the robe around him. The boy was starting to tear up and was physically shaking.

I nudged Milo out of sight. "Leave him alone. He belongs to me."

Axil folded his arms and grinned. "Rather defensive of a slave. I have plenty of my own and they're not walking around in clothes reserved for werewolves. I wonder what Judah will say when I tell him how horribly you're running the estate. He might make your father come back and force you to come to Washington in his stead."