Chapter 28: The Internet (Milo)

I sunk into the couch with a huff. Lunch was put away and I was ready to relax until Collin came home. I'd see if we could order in because I didn't feel like cooking anything else for the rest of the day.

Jed stared at the screen. "Are you really considering having kids soon?"

I nodded. "Collin gets excited whenever the topic comes up and he's not the type to get excited about anything." I laid down on my side. "Well, excited for him. I can hear it in his voice mostly."

"Axil has been all about pups since the moment he marked me."

"They are getting older."

"He's twenty-eight," stated Jed. "When was that considered old?"

"Collin's around twenty-six and he's getting pressure to have pups." I shrugged. "I think it has to do with the rank. If our mates wait too much longer, there's a pretty big gap between them and the werewolf that'll replace them in the pack in order to keep it strong."

Jed groaned. "I get this talk every time I get dragged to the alpha's house. I get it. Axil has descended from the werewolf gods and has to produce an heir. There's one on the way so everyone can calm down."

I laughed to myself. "You do have it a bit tougher than me." Licking my lips, I glanced at him. "What does having a pup all entail?"

Raising a brow, Jedrek gave me a smirk. "I don't think you're ready for the details."

"I may not have a lot of experience involving sexual things, but I do know how a baby is made."

Jedrek scanned the room. "Where did your mom and sister go?"

"The bedroom. I figured Liya would like to watch something a little more child-friendly." I motioned to the screen.

"This is quality stuff." Jed waved his hand at the drama show he was watching. "Since they're busy, I could show you."

I sat up and scooted away from him. "Show me what?"

"God, Milo," he laughed. "I'm not hitting on you. I mean if you have a computer or tablet, I can bring up the hospital website that Axil and I went to."

"You know how to use the internet, right?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Don't you?"

Picking at my fingernails, I shook my head. "Not really. Collin is signing me up for classes so I can get better at reading and using the computer."

"Can you use it?"

I nodded. "Collin left the password on a note in his office. He said I could use it whenever I wanted."

"Great, let's go." He jumped up. "Where's the office at?"

I hurried after him. "You're not going to do anything bad, right? Axil did ban you."

He eyed me. "I've learned my lesson. I'm not trying to get away with anything."

"Okay." I led him to the office and opened the door.

Jed hurried passed me and went to the computer. "This is nice." Sitting down, he ran his hands over the keys. "He lets you mess around on this?"

"I haven't touch it yet." I sat down on the desk. "Here." I showed him the note.

He typed in the password and pressed enter. I simply watched as he navigated through the different screens. It seemed so complicated.

Jedrek glanced at me. "You look confused."

I frowned. "There are so many buttons to push."

"I'll help you out later if you want."

"That would be nice. Collin is so tired when he comes home that I don't want to bother him."