Chapter 43: Fix It (Collin)

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

We went to the main loading area in the warehouse. For some reason, there were still humans alive. I spotted a red werewolf laying in the back of a van wrapped in a blanket. Axil smoothed out his mate's head fur. I was still mad at Jed. It was his fault that Milo had to experience this. But as I got closer, my anger started to fade. The wounds on the boy's back were struggling to heal. A cream had been rubbed across them but even with its help, Jed was too weak for it to do much good.

I placed Milo beside him.

"Jed?" The pup was nearly in tears as his hand hovered above his friend. "Jedrek?"

"This is what humans do," said the beta. "They can't be trusted. They're only going to hurt you because of who you are mated to."

Milo wiped his face and leaned down. "Jed, they came. They came just like you said."

The red werewolf opened his eyes. "Milo?"

My mate smiled. "We get to go home."

Jed began to sob and tried to sit up.

"Careful." Axil grabbed the boy before his arm gave out. "You don't have the strength to move around like that. Rest."

Milo leaned against the side of the van and held out his arms for Jed. The sub wrapped his arms around the battered werewolf who fell back asleep.

Axil moved the blanket around them both. "Watch him for me."

Milo nodded. I reached over and clasped my mate's cheek. They were both so frail. I was ready to go home and get Milo out of this environment. My ear flicked to the side at the sound of rustling. I snarled at the remaining humans.

"Why aren't they dead?" I pointed to them. "Any human involved deserves to die."

"They will." Axil claws grew longer from his fingertips. "But I need some information first."

"Like what?"

"Names of the werewolves who betrayed their own pack for money." He looked me in the eyes. "They might as well be rogues, right?"

I nodded. "Might as well."

"Sir! We found him."

A human was dragged across the floor and dropped at the beta's feet. His leg was badly injured.

"Who is he?" I nodded to the human.

"The leader." Axil sat down on his heels. "We've been looking for you."

"Go to hell, you damn mutt."

The beta chuckled. "I'm going to enjoy watching you suffer more than you can imagine. You should have stayed on free land after we raided your last warehouse. But humans like you never learn. It's like you actually want to know what it feels like to ripped apart by werewolves."

"You sadistic fuck."

"I'm not the one playing games with more advanced specie." Axil stood.

"Go ahead and kill me," stated the human. "But the resistance will never die. You dogs will fall."

I bared my teeth at him.

Axil held out his arm so I could get any closer. "You will die, but only when I decided." He waved to two of team members. "Take this one and the others to the other room. Make sure he doesn't die but don't neutralize the toxins completely. It's better to keep his type on edge."