Chapter 12: Claimed (Jax)

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read for free on Radish Fiction, or on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

"There, happy?" Max looked thoroughly annoyed.

I couldn't stop smiling. It was just so unexpected. I thought he would be this hard-faced human with narrow eyes that looked like they were constantly scowling. Not this big-eyed man that was pouting in front of me.

"It's a bit of a surprise."

He looked a little taken back. "What? What's wrong?" He held out his hands.

"Nothing." I tried not to smile and kept my eyes above the waist. I was starting to miss the fur. "It just wasn't what I expected. You're fine. My sister would be gushing over you."

Max rolled his eyes as he folded his arms. "I'm not mating your sister," he muttered.

I rubbed my forehead. This was getting weird. Who would have thought werewolves were such sensitive creatures? "Max, come on. You're fine. Plenty of men would be jealous of a body like yours."

"Hmm..." He sat down on the end of the bed and placed a hand on my legs. "I don't really feel in the mood anymore." He let out a sigh.

"I'm not exactly disappointed by the news."

Groaning, Max climbed up next to me and laid down. "I told Andreas I'd be claiming you tonight. At the press conference, I also said we were planning for the next full moon. There are only a few more days until then."

I flopped my head back into the pillow. "Look." I motioned to my legs. "It's not like being in a relationship was something I ever considered. The idea of having sex freaks me out," I moved my feet, "but I have mentally prepared myself to do this."

"Really?" Max propped his head up with his hand. "Kiss me then."

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. "Why?"

"Like I said, I'm not really in the mood."

"And it's my responsibility to get you in the mood? Think again."

Max chuckled. "Come on." He moved a little closer. "Werewolves are very passionate creatures."

"So?"

"Just kiss me, Jax."

Groaning, I turned to him. "Fine." I awkwardly lifted my hand and reached for his face.

Max was just staring at me with a slight smirk.

"Stop it!" I threw my hand down. "This is already weird enough. I never thought I'd be kissing a dude."

"You probably never thought you be kissing anyone."

I glared at him. "I'm not exactly in high demand back home. My brothers had the whole heartthrob thing going on, but I was just the charity case."

"Well, I saw your two siblings' results. You tested better than them."

"Thanks," I muttered. "At least, I beat them in something."

Max leaned in closer. "I'm still waiting for that kiss."

Taking a deep breath, I quickly did it. It felt weird when my lips touched his for a split second. I pulled back and saw that Max still had his eyes closed.

He peeked one of them open. "That was it?"

I shook my head. "Well, that was my first one, so congratulations."