Chapter 45: The Reveal (Milo)

Collin knocked and stepped back beside me as I took a deep breath.

The door opened and my mother beamed at us. "Come in, come in." She hugged me before giving Collin one as well. "My two favorite werewolves have finally arrived. Harold, they're here." She took the sheet pan with different plates of food on it from me.

My father walked out of the kitchen. "I'll never get used to seeing you in fur."

"Hi, dad." I gave him a side hug.

He squeezed me to him. "How have you been feeling?"

I let out a sigh. "We're getting there. Collin went to work today, and I managed pretty well by myself."

My dad pulled my head to him and kissed the side of it. "Collin." He held out his hand.

"Harry." My mate gave him a nod. "Thanks for having us over."

"I should be thanking you for helping my family." He laughed to himself. "I slept in today. I've never done that before. Maria and I woke up and just laid there for over an hour. We've never done anything like that." He took in a deep breath. "It was nice."

Collin laughed nervously. "Well, you did give me something special in return." He put his arm around my shoulders.

My father gave me an approving nod. "Milo has always been a good kid. He took after his mother, though. Our old master was hard on the boy but he did his best."

"Harry, check the grill. I don't want the burgers to burn," called my mother.

"I'm not going to burn them." He wandered back into the kitchen and out onto the patio.

My mom followed him outside, questioning him about his cooking ability. I didn't know if my father had cook anything in his life, so she had a right to be worried.

Liya wandered down the stairs. "Collin, you're here!" She hurried to him and jumped into the werewolf's arms. "Mom said you were late."

He laughed. "It took us a bit longer to get out of the house."

"Hmm..." I eyed the black werewolf.

My brother wandered down the stairs. "Hi." Carter seemed to still be a little nervous around my mate.

"How have you been?" asked Collin. "Do you like your school?"

"It's different, but I made a few friends." He smiled to himself. "I'm getting used to it. I feel like I need to be doing something all the time. My mom keeps telling me to stop pacing the house and sit down," he said with a nervous laugh.

"It's a big shift." I gave him a smile. "It took me a while to get used to the idea of being a werewolf's mate."

Liya eyed Collin. "Do you think I could be a werewolf one day?"

My mate nodded. "I think you have a high chance of getting yourself a werewolf mate." He put her down.

"Yes, mom!" She ran off outside. "Mom!"

"Liya, what's all this yelling?" She closed the door. "Carter, go outside and keep an eye on your father. I'm worried that he's going to burn his eyebrows off."

With a nod, he went outside.

"Collin said I might get to be a werewolf one day, too." She squealed with delight. "I wonder what color my fur will be?"

"Most likely dark brown." My mother sat down at the table and slice up a tomato. "Like your hair."

"Milo's hair was darker than mine," she whined.